--- COMANCHE OF THE MONTH - JULY 2012 ---

This month... One of our members who has the bug, and bad. Enjoy. :cheers:

---COMANCHEKID45's MJ TRIBE---

541090_10150887331799834_581460577_n.jpg

MODEL AND YEAR

1988 Comanche Sportruck

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

4.0 Litre 242ci Inline 6 Cylinder

Besides some exhaust work and a set of Precision fuel injectors its the same bulletproof AMC engine we all know and love!

DRIVETRAIN:

AW4/NP231/Dana30/Dana44 Trac-Lok

COOLING:

Added an E-Fan/ Stock closed system

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Custom 160amp Alternator and upgraded wiring. Stock Ign. system

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Pieced together 3.5" lift, JKS Swaybar Disconnects

INTERIOR:

A few slight changes including a refurbished bench seat but overall it retains its OEM characteristics

BRAKES:

XJ Duel Diaphram Booster, Stock otherwise

LIGHTING:

Plenty of Aux Lights, Silvaina Silverstar sealed beam headlamps

WHEELS/TIRES:

Crager D-Window 15x8 4.75" Bs wrapped in 31" Treadwright Crawlers

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spartan Locker up front, Armored up pretty well and a few other associated items for the 4x4 world

This was the first vehicle Ive ever owned. It was brought back to life by what was my families dealership in 2003. I learned to drive in this truck, I learned to work on Jeeps with this truck and I still enjoy this truck dearly. It has its dings, dents, scratches and scars. I still give it a good drive on the roads once in awhile but it has since become more of my "adverturer." Its by no means a "trail beater" but If I go out to do some off roading this is my vehicle of choice. This truck was just the beginning to my Jeep addiction and adventure and I really do cherish it for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MODEL AND YEAR

1988 Comanche Sportruck (yep another 1)

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

4.0 Litre 242ci inline 6 Cylinder

DRIVETRAIN:

2wd AW4/Dana 44 Trac-Lok

COOLING:

Stock, Closed cooling system

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Stock.

STEERING:

Stock...

SUSPENSION:

Yawn.... Stock

INTERIOR:

A few "custom" modifications but still very much Stock

BRAKES:

Plenty of New parts but still the same old OEM setup

LIGHTING:

Besides a pair of rather useless bumper lights its the same old here. Ha Ha

WHEELS/TIRES:

Well worn American Racing 15x8 wheels wrapped in 235/75/15 mild terrian tires

MISCELLANEOUS:

A custom Lowes paint Job and a sweet removable sunroof definently give this truck its character.

This was a quick purchase decision and a very fun project. I have built this thing into my current Daily Driver and absolutly love ripping around town in this sucker. It has gotten its nickname "The dumpster" from its obvious paint job but its no garbage can. I just prefer to relate to it as "Oscar" :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MODEL AND YEAR

1990 Comanche Eliminator

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

4.0 Litre 242ci Inline 6 Cylinder

DRIVETRAIN:

AX15/NP231/Dana 30/ Dana 44 Trac-Lok

COOLING:

Stock, closed cooling system

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

100amp Alternator, new stereo speakers. No ign. mods

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Stock

INTERIOR:

Besides a set of cupholders the interior is 100% Factory and in immaculate condition!

BRAKES:

Stock

LIGHTING:

2 KC 57 series lights on the Factory rollbar and 2 Factory fog lights on the front bumper. Still retians OEM Wagner Headlamps

WHEELS/TIRES:

Factory 10 hole 15x7 Wheels wrapped in 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler Radials

MISCELLANEOUS:

This truck is summed up in one easy phrase, "My baby" I knew from the minute i purchased this truck that it was one day gonna become something special. The paint job was done in tribute to the one and only Walker Evans and the success he gave these trucks in the later 1980s and early 1990s. The truck has been kept to as close to factory as possible. With every decision I make very well thought through in honor of the rarity of this beauty. This is my Dodge Viper or Chevy Corvette and I treat it as such. To many people its probably still just a 22 year old Jeep, but to me I feel the rich history and heritage everytime i sit behind the wheel of this baby, and I hope to preserve it for many many years to come.

599717_10150990404309834_138489686_n.jpg

248165_10150960262904834_1336083078_n.jpg

gotta give an honorable mention to Dads 1989 Pioneer as well. He said to include it since i did fix it up for him ;)

Best MJ story

O man only 1...hmmm. Lets go back to January 2008. I still only owned my blue 1988 and I was enjoying a snowy night racing through the feilds around my house with a few friends. After awhile I managed to drift alittle far off into the weeds and slammed into a large rock with the right front tire at about 30-35mph. The truck went airborne and I thought for sure I was going over. After slamming back into the ground and coming to a stop I got out to asess the damage. All my friends had rushed to the scene only seeing headlights become vertical and then crashing back down. The next day after a replacement tire and an alignment the truck was good as new! No broken chassis parts, NOTHING! That night everyone got a taste of the toughness of these little pickups and still to this day I use that event as a testmony.

What owner loves best about CC

O man, theres just so much. Wether its an escape over my lunch break from a hectic day at work, or i just have a few minutes to kill in the evening. I can't think of much better therapy than this forum and the members of it. The array of knowledge, dedication and the sense of humor of (most) members is outstanding! Anytime i get behind a computer screen its one of the 1st sites i jump onto. It doesnt matter if its to checjk up on a build, to ask/answer a technical question or just to see what crazy things might be happening to others that day.....Comancheclub.com is as important to me as Facebook is to a teenage girl. Ha Ha I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT! and knowing I'm not the only MJ nut out there makes me feel even better each day :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BJ, holy crap. That's a lot of MJ's. Your trucks all have a purpose. You've been one of the members who has been around here pretty much since the dawn of the club, and you've only become a stronger member. You share your tips and tricks you've discovered while working on your fleet, your ideas, and your help to any who need it. You have a build thread on your trucks and keep them updated. Those trucks! This is what the bug is all about. I can't tell you the ideas and sparks you've started with the Walker tribute truck. Completely out of the blue, you take a super clean truck and make it an awesome replica/homage to a big part of MJ heritage.

Congrats, and enjoy the MJOTM!

Rob :cheers:

Love it too. :cheers:

All your rigs pictured are clean, correct, varied, and represent well the versatility of the MJ. I think you have shown this versatility better than anyone else ever has. I know you have to have a ton of work into them all. Quality work, and quality CC member. Well done, and I'm a fan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic