Please Pray for Joe (Beaterjeep) R.I.P. buddy

JeepcoMJ

I'm not really sure what to say here, partly because I'm not completely sure what exactly happened..

A good friend of mine, and long time member, Joe Laporte (AKA beaterjeep) has lived his whole life with a disease known as Cystic Fibrosis. after many, many years of battling it, living well past what the doctors expected, his battle seems to have come to an end.

From what I've been able to figure out, Joe went into the hospital at the beginning of this week with pneumonia, which is not uncommon for him. Apparently while there, he got transferred to the ICU, after his body rejected the antibiotics the doctors gave him.

Joe has been a good friend to me, helping me out in any way he could despite the distance between where we live. whether it was advice, or simply searching the internet looking for something I needed, he was always there for me. He's been lurking on these forums for several years, up until the past couple when he started spending more time in and out of the hospital.

I'm very sorry to have to bring this news to the club. he's a long standing member who has given his two cents wherever he could, whenever he could.

R.I.P. Joe, you will be sorely missed.

He had a good run. the doctors told him he wouldn't live past 17....he put up a fight for quite some time. almost 13 years, if I remember correctly.

I'll let everyone know more as everything progresses...I'm talking to his mom right now about what happened, and what to do. I have his '88 comanche (baby) at my house awaiting some custom paint and a 4.0 transplant, along with some more (low) suspension mods. hopefully with her blessing, I'll be able to finish his project as he wanted it.

-Pat

He had a good run. the doctors told him he wouldn't live past 17....he put up a fight for quite some time. almost 13 years, if I remember correctly.

I'll let everyone know more as everything progresses...I'm talking to his mom right now about what happened, and what to do. I have his '88 comanche (baby) at my house awaiting some custom paint and a 4.0 transplant, along with some more (low) suspension mods. hopefully with her blessing, I'll be able to finish his project as he wanted it.

-Pat

Damn. They don't make them like you anymore.

I got this idea from another forum I am part of, it's a personal picture thread where obviously you post pics of yourself so that other people that are either new to the forum or haven't been to any meets can know who they are talking to. I decided to start this off as a kinda feeler thread and see how it goes. Since I'm here first, I'll start. For those who don't know, my name is Joe and here I am.

Pic taken when I was up in Canada just a few days ago.

EDIT: UPDATE. This is what happens when you find out your knee is toast, and you're hopped up on pain pills. Boredom.

Gonna miss you Joe. No more suffering man. I'm sure all the Junked, beaten, and scrapped MJ's are up there to keep you happy. Glad I could spend a little time with ya while you were here.

Jeep on buddy.

Rob :(

Very sad to here indeed.

Many of us go through life without knowing how good we have it. Never taking the time to be thankful for what we have or the friends we share. It takes a moment like this for us to realize, Joe was thankful for each day.

Rest easy my friend, for your suffering is over.