MJCarena's 1988 MJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaned up the jack and handle and mounted them, found the strap at the JY awhile back.

Image Not Found

The wife wants to drive the truck and when I told her there was no shift indicator she asked if I could put one in, I liked the one Hornbrod put on his column and was going to get one. But I decided to try and cut the hole in the tach and use the original indicator instead. Took the face plate off the tach and the original gas gauge and placed the gas one on top of the tach to use as a template, placed it on a piece of wood and used a utility knife to cut the hole out. Took alot of passes but eventually cut thru it. Turned out better then I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bench seat at the JY with headrests, the fabric was dirty and torn,but the headrests were in good shape, so I just bought the back piece. Swapped out my original seat cover onto the frame with the headrests, cut holes where the headrests go and reinstalled the seat back.

Image Not Found

• 7 months later...

Replaced my exhaust today. New cat, muffler and tailpipe. They were all from Walker. Suppose to be direct replacement and pretty much was, except that I had to cut the mounts off and reweld them on in slightly different spots. They were close but could not get the tailpipe level at the rear.

Thank you for the nice comments on the Comanche. The previous owners did a great job keeping her clean, and I am just following in their footsteps.

I went to change out my valve cover gasket today and found this. Might be the cause of my leak :idea:

I went to the JY and got another valve cover. I put in the $5 cork gasket, has anybody used the permadry $40 gasket and is it worth it.

I bought the felpro blue gasket with the metal inside so you can't over torque the gasket. These are notorious for leaking and over torquing any cork gasket is easy.

Go with the nice one because how many times do you want to re-do the job?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...