MJCarena's 1988 MJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PO put an aftermarket radio in it. I like simple, easy to operate radios. I also don't think anybody would want to steal a stock radio. I picked up a stock one at the junk yard.

Before

Image Not Found

After

I had to change out my dash piece since they cut it up to get the radio in. The newer one does not have the chrome trim like the original. But I think it looks ok.

Dude....that thing is a SICK kind of clean!!

Thanks, when I was looking for an MJ my plans were going to make it an offroader, Lift it up, cut out the fenders and put bushwhacker flares on it, 33 inch tires, and go beat it up in the rocks, like I do with my XJ wagoneer.

But this thing was so clean I changed my mind and I am going to try to keep it stock and only a small lift and 31's. Make it my daily driver and to take camping/hunting and the local car shows.

Great find! I am getting ready to change my bezel to all black also, when I had a stereo put in years ago, they cut it up also, they trimmed around the heater vent thinking it was the stereo opening. I didn't notice it until much later. Anyway, I would like to get rid of all the chrome on the interior but don't know if I can find black door handle surrounds. That is a very nice jeep you found. Welcome and keep pics and info coming.

Put 31x10.5x15 BFG M/T tires on it with different stock Jeep rims. Got them for $400 from another local Jeep owner, he went to 33's

The back tires tucked in more then the front and I did not like the look, so I bought some Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers.

Before

After

Before

After

looks awesome! great shot of the spacers, a lot of members on here run those, including myself.

so did you get the wheels AND tires for $400 or just the wheels? if both, GREAT deal as those are not only nice wheels, but the M/Ts look brand new. :dunno:

I got the wheels and tires. Yes they do look new, but are a couple of years old. Hardly drove his jeep.

looks awesome! great shot of the spacers, a lot of members on here run those, including myself.

so did you get the wheels AND tires for $400 or just the wheels? if both, GREAT deal as those are not only nice wheels, but the M/Ts look brand new. :dunno:

I got the wheels and tires. Yes they do look new, but are a couple of years old. Hardly drove his jeep.

Wow, smokin deal with that much tread dude. Great job!