MJCarena's 1988 MJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MJCARENA said:

Here in Arizona.  Around 20 miles away

don't know if that's better or worse.  If I'm parting ways with my beloved, I kinda want her to be far, far away.  on the other hand, it's not Michigan. :D 

Yes, I told him about this awesome site.  He said he was going to keep it stock and then later talked about lifting it. 

31 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

That is good and bad you might see it driving around which would be good and bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrecting this topic as my new maintenance thread :) Sorry @MJCARENA for your loss of this beauty, but I promise to keep her clean. 

I bought it from a young guy here in the Tri-Cities, Washington. He said he wanted a rust-free Comanche, so he drove down to AZ and bought this one and drove it back up. He only had it about a year. I'm so damn thankful he didn't touch it. He wanted to lift it and rock crawl it, but (luckily for me) he needed the money and let it go to me for $9,000 with 185k miles on the odo (but looks like it was rebuilt around 35k miles ago)

I thought at the time I had overpaid a little, but after seeing all the love that went into this truck, I think I got a deal. 

IMG_7044.JPG

And for anyone worried, this is the dry side of Washington state. She'll be garage parked and washed weekly, and I'll watch for rust. 

I'd be happy to hear any tips for maintenance for a new owner! Only thing I can't get to work are the Marchal driving lights with the switch inside, so that'll be my first project. 

Well glad to see you here. :beerbang:Welcome and good to have you. You indeed got a great deal and a great MJ and look forward to them poser shots. :grinyes: 

I wanna say you have a owners manual in the glove box that would have the maintenance routine. :dunno: If not, then you sould peek around on the sticky threads at the top of MJ tech, and their will be good info to help you with that and much more. 

My tip is keep the salt off it. :shaking:

On 1/27/2022 at 8:09 PM, Silverhawk1991 said:

Resurrecting this topic as my new maintenance thread :) Sorry @MJCARENA for your loss of this beauty, but I promise to keep her clean. 

I bought it from a young guy here in the Tri-Cities, Washington. He said he wanted a rust-free Comanche, so he drove down to AZ and bought this one and drove it back up. He only had it about a year. I'm so damn thankful he didn't touch it. He wanted to lift it and rock crawl it, but (luckily for me) he needed the money and let it go to me for $9,000 with 185k miles on the odo (but looks like it was rebuilt around 35k miles ago)

I thought at the time I had overpaid a little, but after seeing all the love that went into this truck, I think I got a deal. 

IMG_7044.JPG

And for anyone worried, this is the dry side of Washington state. She'll be garage parked and washed weekly, and I'll watch for rust. 

I'd be happy to hear any tips for maintenance for a new owner! Only thing I can't get to work are the Marchal driving lights with the switch inside, so that'll be my first project. 

Great looking truck, glad you got before it was destroyed. I very familiar with the dry side of Washington, my step-son and family live in Walla Walla. Enjoy the truck and welcome to the addiction.

• 1 year later...

Took first place in the 1981-1999 Trucks category at my local car show. I haven’t done too much to the truck since I acquired except for some paint touch up on the trim, new A/C compressor, and new radiator. New tires are coming in the next few weeks. Hopefully adding a leveling kit to the front coils to even it out. 

I’m REALLY tempted to lift it and throw 33”s on, but damn it looks good at stock height. 

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_1534_Original.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

Jeep owner literally wins award, immediately wants to mess with it.  lol.   :laugh:

factory bars are rare as heck and pricey when you find one.  the aftermarket will still look period correct so it all depends on your patience.