Poll: Does your MJ have the original rear bumper?

beepbeepmyredjeep

Does your MJ have a factory rear bumper?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Does your MJ have a factory rear bumper?

• I own a MJ with the original rear bumper
    • I own a MJ with a replacement factory/OEM bumper
    • I own a MJ with a custom made rear bumper
    • I own a MJ that used to have a rear bumper, but I took it off and put the bumper on another MJ
    • What's a rear bumper? One of those things that's supposed to be under the tailgate? PFFT!

My 2.5 has an MJ rear bumper, in rather good shape too (last time I looked)

4.0 has a giant piece of angle iron with a class 3 hitch tube welded to it. Frame's rotting and the bed's toast, so I don't mind slamming on my brakes when someone's tailing me in that one. :yes:

l_c62a370386b6c9e77a488b24b3be73e2.jpg

When my truck starts going back together, it will be sporting a factory style replacement bumper. It is sitting on the garage floor right now. I bought the truck with 3 rear end collisions on its record, so it was void of any bumper.

As far as I Know the bumper I built & installed is the original (1st) bumper installed on this MJ. No signs or indications one was on it from factory & license plate light was for non-bumperized vehicle.

As far as I Know the bumper I built & installed is the original (1st) bumper installed on this MJ. No signs or indications one was on it from factory & license plate light was for non-bumperized vehicle.

It had to have one from leaving the factory. That plate light was on some MJ's from factory hidden up there...

Rob L.

It had to have one from leaving the factory. That plate light was on some MJ's from factory hidden up there...

Rob L.

My 87 Sportruck DIDNT have one from the factory. It had the light mounted to the bed under the tailgate with factory connectors. The Cherokee bumper is this trucks first bumper ever. The original owner made absolutely no modifications to this truck.

Rob L.

Believe it or not, a rear bumper was optional. At least in Indiana. I remember being asked. I am sure I gave a look like this. :nuts:

If you look at my MJOTM link, at the bottom of the page is a quote in 1987 for a new MJ that I never got. They were going to search for one with the options I wanted, which included a rear bumper. Is that dumb or what? Trucks had laws that were much different than cars. Oh and the bumper was only $132 back then.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21903

Believe it or not, a rear bumper was optional. At least in Indiana. I remember being asked. I am sure I gave a look like this. :nuts:

If you look at my MJOTM link, at the bottom of the page is a quote in 1987 for a new MJ that I never got. They were going to search for one with the options I wanted, which included a rear bumper. Is that dumb or what? Trucks had laws that were much different than cars. Oh and the bumper was only $132 back then.

:yes: :agree:

The OEM step bumper and tube bumper were "options" back then, just look in the FSM, under accessories, and it tell the "dealer" how to install them :brows:

Some states, like NY required them.......along with the front license plate bracket.

The rear license plate light mounted to the rear apron was "stock" off the factory floor, unless the rear bumper was checked off.

And......to answer the poll........some OEM's some FEY's after markets........a real mix on my fleet.

:yes: :agree:

The OEM step bumper and tube bumper were "options" back then, just look in the FSM, under accessories, and it tell the "dealer" how to install them :brows:

Some states, like NY required them.......along with the front license plate bracket.

The rear license plate light mounted to the rear apron was "stock" off the factory floor, unless the rear bumper was checked off.

And......to answer the poll........some OEM's some FEY's after markets........a real mix on my fleet.

don`t know the history of my truck, but it does still have the tag light behind the bumper & looks to be wired from the factory/dealer when new( the tag lights on the bumper are spliced from them)