The American flag is offensive?

Darren

It's amazing how we've PC'd ourselves right out of the greatest country in the world.

:USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

enjoy what's left while you still can. :(

As management, I am going to have to ask you to remove your flags. :no:

What a joke. PC'd ourselves into a hole. Can't fly an american flag in america? :wall:

Rob L.

As messed up as it might be, management MIGHT get away with a flag ban on the outside of the buildings, since they own the outside. They have no right whatsoever to tell anyone what they can or cannot display on their motor vehicles, or on their persons. And they also can't tell people what they can have inside their apartments, because even a rented apartment is the occupant's domicile.

I foresee an apartment management company that's going to be facing some HUGE legal expenses if they are dumb enough to try to enforce this.

I may not be American, but I do live and work here. I may not like a whole lot of the changes I've seen happen in the 16 years I've lived in this great country, but if you're not allowed to fly the American flag in America, that just takes the cake.

"somebody might be offended"

Give me a freaking break. By making that statement they personally offended a lot more people.

As messed up as it might be, management MIGHT get away with a flag ban on the outside of the buildings, since they own the outside. They have no right whatsoever to tell anyone what they can or cannot display on their motor vehicles, or on their persons. And they also can't tell people what they can have inside their apartments, because even a rented apartment is the occupant's domicile.

I foresee an apartment management company that's going to be facing some HUGE legal expenses if they are dumb enough to try to enforce this.

In the situation of the outside of the building...Its their property, unless specifically stated in the property rental agreement the owner retains the control over the outside of the building and its physical characteristics. Now items inside the apartment, but not visible from the outside are not the same as items visible from the outside. If an item(like the one poster in the article) is clearly visible from the outside then the situation becomes more muddy. My Dad had a renter that like to hang white supremacist propaganda on his unit when a non-Caucasian family lived in that building. He sued after being evicted over it. The judge ruled that Dad was justified as this items were clearly visible from the common areas of the building and they were specifically intended to upset the community at large.

What you have on your vehicle while on their property is going to be the question. They do have the right to prevent you from doing anything that detracts from the value or quality of their property. Such as having a big pile of parts or derelict vehicles on the property Trying to claim that the American flag detracts from their property would be a tricky proposition at best. Unless the community at large has established that the particular flag in question is offensive. But being on the Leftist Coast, I'd suppose its possible.

It may seem to some to be foolish or outdated, but I still believe in my America...

Image Not Found

Oh, yeah?

Typical of the "Me" generation. I am offended that you believe in your America. Who the [bleep] gave YOU an America, anyway?

I DEMAND that you believe in MY America. Screw YOUR America.

(Just kidding!)

I wonder if we have enough interested members to get a deal on a bunch of those see-through decals of the flag that cover the entire rear window ...

Def. thought about it once upon a time...

But I just pictured myself wrapped up in a crinkled decal, like a cacoon, motionless and yelling in the bed of my MJ, with torn wrinkled remants of an epic fail of a decal installation. :shake:

Rob L. :D

It may seem to some to be foolish or outdated, but I still believe in my America...

Oh, yeah?

Typical of the "Me" generation. I am offended that you believe in your America. Who the [bleep] gave YOU an America, anyway?

I DEMAND that you believe in MY America. Screw YOUR America.

(Just kidding!)

Technically I'm a member of the 'Jones' Generation :USAflag: :cheers: :USAflag: