What a great Site.

mknherhappy

Much like ESPN, I think it was better after the arrival of the Deuce, and most everyone here is really cool (except for the dude that likes to flip everyone off... you know who you are! :roll: )

I haven't been around long (December 07), but most of the guys on here feel like "family" already even though I've never personally met anyone yet.

I've spent a few years on other Jeep boards and don't "feel the love" that flows over here on Pete's site...

Wade (aka, #2) (aka, SuperWDeuce) (aka, Dude who pokes holes in his Radiator and flips his nice TJ on the side being stupid)...

I have to agree with the comments. Alot of other site are full of "repeater parrots" and those same guys that used to ask noob questions are the ones who flame every new person that re-asks a question thats been covered before... Sad part is that alot of the mods allow that crap to happen, even join in... It pisses me off really..

I had experienced plenty of those types of sites before and when I felt it was time for the yahoo group to grow into a forum-based site, I didn't want it to go down the path that other forums have blazed. That's why we have the 3 rules. :thumbsup:

But then again, as Admin I can make all the rules I want and it makes little difference. It's the members that make a site fun to be at. :cheers:

(I might accidentally delete your account though. I'm just sayin'. :roll: )

Yeah, this site rocks. And the good news is next year due to inflation, the economy, politics, the price of gas, the positioning of the solar system,and the mark up on can cozies our membership dues will only be $103.45 per year. Credit cards and money orders accepted gladly. Sorry, no personal checks. Please PM Pete your bankcard numbers or paypal addies pronto. We still gotta pay for last months beer bill, not to mention the tan couch the new guys keep falling asleep on is starting to smell like poo. We could sure use a new one.

I dig this site.I am a member of pirate also but there are 2 many a$$holes there that have nothing better to do than to rant and rave if you ask something that you could not find by searching.thanks for this page

I've been a member @ Pirate4x4 for years...I've yet to post a single thread or reply... I had like 50 posts here in the first 3 days when I was looking at getting my first MJ...Didn't once feel like I didn't belong... which is how I feel about Pirate and JeepsUnlimited... I've been arround the TJ Forum on JeepForum for a while, but don't check it as much as I do here any more...until I decide to spend more $$$ on it... I didn't post my TJ Flop pics over there but did here, because kind of knew the response I would get...

SW2

Much like ESPN, I think it was better after the arrival of the Deuce, and most everyone here is really cool (except for the dude that likes to flip everyone off... you know who you are! :roll: )

I haven't been around long (December 07), but most of the guys on here feel like "family" already even though I've never personally met anyone yet.

I've spent a few years on other Jeep boards and don't "feel the love" that flows over here on Pete's site...

Wade (aka, #2) (aka, SuperWDeuce) (aka, Dude who pokes holes in his Radiator and flips his nice TJ on the side being stupid)...

oh yeah......... fu.gif

:teehee:

yeah I'm just joking... I'm glad I bought my mj.. I would have never known alot of you crazies...

I love you guys... snif,,snif....

I can't wait to get my truck up in running and get up to some of these meets...

Not only Jeep knowledge but alots of life knowledge around here too..

here's to all of you!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:D I likee ... I like it a lot...... :cheers:

With the atmosphere that surrounds this Forum ; U would actually be able to breathe in Mars!!!! :eek:

Really :D This is the Only Forum that I know of; Where u actually have breathing room to enjoy it.

:cheers:

You never see someone with "try the search function". I hate that. If everyone searched knowone would ask a question. I don't mind answering the same question more than once.

I agree, but still advise using the search button. Often say that while providing a link but don't just say use the dang search button and that's it like the other sites.

... I had like 50 posts here in the first 3 days when I was looking at getting my first MJ...SW2

Hey SW2 do you know you're #37 in the number of posts out of all 1800 members? Not bad for 6 months. :bowdown:

Yah #36, "whowey" is in trouble in the next couple of days...

$500MJ and Chico are within Reach @ #34 and #33 respectively...

SW2

You never see someone with "try the search function". I hate that. If everyone searched knowone would ask a question. I don't mind answering the same question more than once.

I agree to a point. But I am not a happy camper when somebody says, "I know this has been covered a thousand times but I don't want to search, so ...?"

And then ten of US use the search to answer the question because someone was too lazy to use the search him/herself.

As the Buddha taught, it's all about finding the balance ...

Am I the only one that finds it a bit ironic that the club discusses this particular topic every once in a while. :D If everyone searched, we'd have nothing to talk about because they'd have already read most of our thoughts on it. :popcorn:

But anyways, one last thought on searching. Searching effectively is a learned skill and made harder by the fact that there are a million ways to refer to various parts on Jeeps. Heck, there has to be 20 ways to (purposely) misspell Peugeot! :roll: I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

There are plenty of ways to politely nudge someone towards using the search feature. And there are way too many individuals in this world that seem to derive great pleasure from saying it in the coarsest manner possible. :roll:

Oh, and I can't wait for the day that Jeepco passes me in post count. There was a time at the Yahoo group where I was practically every other post. I felt bad that sometimes it would take days before somebody that knew the answer to a question would stop by and so I bought several shop manuals and what-not and did my best to answer everything. I think it says a lot about how far the group has come. I may still stop by a lot, but it's no longer because I'm worried about getting timely info to members. I trust that the group will take care of it. :bowdown:

This is definitly the best place I've been. First forum I started on was JeepsUnlimited. Ugh. I was told that if I had to be asking questions, I shouldn't be doing any projects.

I found this site while searching for a 2wd Ax-5 to replace my Ax-4. Not having 5th was driving me crazy.

Before joining here I didn't know the difference between D35/D44/8.25, didn't realize they used more than one manual transmission behind the 4.0, etc.

Used to think MJs were rare before meeting Pat..

Anywho, many thanks to Pete for making the site, and the rest of ya!

Hope to see some of you at the badlands.

mknhimhappy, don't be such a wuss and read between the lines. everybody here is a jag-off and only worried about being "Mr. MJ". 2 pages of mamby-pamby BS and all this syrupy "i love you man!" crap. i only come here to balance all of that stuff out as the resident flamethrower.

Signed,

Pirate Unlimited :evil:

mknhimhappy, don't be such a wuss and read between the lines. everybody here is a jag-off and only worried about being "Mr. MJ". 2 pages of mamby-pamby BS and all this syrupy "i love you man!" crap. i only come here to balance all of that stuff out as the resident flamethrower.

Well, we knew that from your avatar photo.

Which is you, the big, fat slob, or the sawed-off little dork? :cheers: