Military anyone?

luke87

lets start a list of members who are serving in the military or have previously served. list what branch you were in , how many years you were enlisted, what rank you achieved, and what ur MOS or job was.

i will start.

I'm in the marines, a lance corporal, I'm in for another 3 years and I'm a com/nav elctrician on f/a-18's.

OOH-RAW!!!

Spec4 US Army MOS 45K M1A1, M1A1 SEP, M3A3 Bradly Fighting Vehicle, M109 Paladin. Turret and Armament Systems Technician..

Two tours overseas, 15 months Iraq OIF III, With 3rd ID "Rock of the Marne", and 8 months in Afghanistan with 1st ID "Big Red One".

4 1/2 years total service. Got stop lost the 1/2 part..

Joined Army Airborne, then cannon cocker, signal corps, VNam Cmbat Avn(Huey gunner,S3,Mgmt,etc. depending on manpower on hand), then served at various Army Cmd Hqs after that until retired at 39. And that was years ago.

U.S. Army, Vietnam veteran. Started off as a combat engineer (I think that was 12B), then after I got to 'Nam they didn't know what to do with me so I spent the last part of my tour in 4th Infantry Division HQ. I think they reclassified me 71H. I made SPC5 about 6 months before my ETS.

United States Marine Corps. :USAflag:

Sgt. E-5

4 years and 10 months.

i signed a 10 month extension to go play in the dirt again,OOH-RAH!

6531 Aviation Ordnance Tech on AV-8B Harrier IYAOYAS!

i also did a little work on CH-53's, CH-46's, Huey's and Cobras

:USAflag: :thumbsup:

I'd be proud to serve but they won't let me in. Have a step brother who is a sniper and on rapid deployment, and a buddy who spent a year over in Iraq then came home due to losing his only brother in Iraq. Damn proud of them and all who fight for whatever reason we fight for, and give thanks to those past and present service man and woman. :bowdown:

Retired from the Army last October as a Sergeant First Class (E-7)

Did 5 years in the reserves as a 12b Combat Engineer.

Went active duty and did 2 years as a Combat Engineer and reclassed into 55D (now 89D) Explosive Ordnance Disposal (hence my username!).

Had lots of fun, blew up lots of $hitt :D and an enjoying retirement (at least from the Army).

USN Retired FT Chief (E7)

Sea duty on diesel subs Dogfish and TUSK, surface craft frigates Yarnell, Belknap, and Pratt. One Nam cruise, many Med cruises.

Shore duty at USNWS Yorktown, Korea, Subic Bay, Singapore, Yokosuka, Guam, and of course No-flock, VA.

I was in the Army from Sept 91 to Sept 95. MY mos was 31M107A which was Mutli-Channel Radio System Operator/Repairman with the ASI of 7A which was for MultiChannel Tactical Satallite System operator/Repairman. MY job was basically to provide a commo link for ppl to talk over.. So AT&T inb the jungle. I was stationed at Fort Clayton Republic of Panama :D

I spent 8 months in Fort gordon learning my job.. just to find out that when I got to my duty station.. they had none of the equipment I was trained on :eek: after some OJT I was squared away :brows:

While stationed there.. I went to some cool places and did some awesome crap.

I got out as an SPC(P) after 4 yrs.. the sad thing was.. all I had to do was extend and go to PLDC an I would have pinned my SGT. Only reason I got out is the wanted me to go back to school cause they phased my MOS out.. which meant going back to FT gordon (Agusta GA.) for 52 weeks. Not what I wanted to do after 4 yrs of service with 26 months of that being deployed supporting missions.

USAF I was in from sept 92 to sept 96. Stationed Kelly AFB first 2 years then Kunsan Korea for a year then the last year was at Tyndall in Panama city FL. I was a cable splicer in the Comm squadron. I miss all the guys I was stationed with. I still hear from a couple of them from time to time. I was just thinking the other day I would be retiring in 4 more years. Boy would that be nice.

I was at Tyndall and Kelly. Almost 20yrs USAF SF

The "PI" 88-90

Tyndall - 90-98

Kelly/Lackland - 98-2008

USAF I was in from sept 92 to sept 96. Stationed Kelly AFB first 2 years then Kunsan Korea for a year then the last year was at Tyndall in Panama city FL. I was a cable splicer in the Comm squadron. I miss all the guys I was stationed with. I still hear from a couple of them from time to time. I was just thinking the other day I would be retiring in 4 more years. Boy would that be nice.

The "PI" 88-90.

Clark?? Good duty. Were you there for Pinatubo? Bad duty...........

I was there for the big earthquake but left just before the volcano.

Good move. I was at Subic at the time, and we took in refugee familys from Clark AFB. I had a house full of Clark USAF folks, and their pets when the mountain erupted. Unfortunately Subic took a worse hit from the volcano due to the accompanying typhoon which blew the ashfall south on us. Good times, I'll never forget it. :nuts:

First of all, a BIG SALUTE to those men and women in all of our Armed Forces where ever they may be :bowdown: and where and whenever they served.

I served in the Army '79-'83 as a field radio repairer 31E, 2 years in Germany followed by 3 weeks at Ft Bliss Texas then reassigned to 124th MI Bn (CEWI) Ft Stewart Ga (The Military Intelligence unit I was in had nothing to do with undercover investigations by the MP's but we were/are vital in combat communications)

Army:

First to fight for the right,

And to build the Nation’s might,

And The Army Goes Rolling Along.

Proud of all we have done,

Fighting till the battle’s won,

And the Army Goes Rolling Along.

Then it’s hi! hi! hey!

The Army’s on its way.

Count off the cadence loud and strong;

For where’er we go,

You will always know

That The Army Goes Rolling Along.

Marines:

From the Halls of Montezuma

To the shores of Tripoli

We fight our country's battles

On the land as on the sea.

First to fight for right and freedom

And to keep our honor clean;

We are proud to claim the title

Of United States Marines.

Air Force:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,

Climbing high into the sun;

Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,

At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun hey!)

Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,

Off with one hell of a roar!*

We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!

Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!

Navy:

Stand Navy out to sea, Fight our Battle Cry;

We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.

Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to Victory

And sink their bones to Davy Jones, Hooray!

Anchors Away, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.

Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.

Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam,

Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.

Blue of the Mighty Deep; Gold of God's Sun

Let these colors be till all of time be done, done, done,

On seven seas we learn Navy's stern call:

Faith, Courage, Service true, with Honor, Over Honor, Over All.

Coast Guard:

From North and South and East and West,

The Coast Guard's in the fight.

Destroying subs and landing troops,

The Axis feels our might.

For we're the first invaders,

On every fighting field.

Afloat, ashore, on men and Spars,

You'll find the Coast Guard shield.

We're always ready for the call,

We place our trust in Thee.

Through howling gale and shot and shell,

To win our victory.

" Semper Paratus" is our guide,

Our pledge, our motto, too.

We're " Always Ready," do or die!

Aye! Coast Guard, we fight for you.

Taliban:

Good evening infidel,,

I'm a terrorizing terrorist....

Are you scared??

"NO"

ARRRRRRR...

Are you now?

Silence.. I kill you...

wait the last one is for another thread... :roll:

From the halls of Montezuma

To the shores of Tripoli,

We fight our country's battles

In the air, on land, and sea.

First to fight for right and freedom,

And to keep our honor clean,

We are proud to claim the title

Of United States Marines.

Our flag's unfurl'd to every breeze

From the dawn to setting sun;

We have fought in every clime and place

Where we could take a gun.

In the snow of far-off northern lands

And in sunny tropic scenes,

You will find us always on the job

The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps

Which we are proud to serve;

In many a strife we've fought for life

And have never lost our nerve.

If the Army and the Navy

Ever look on Heaven's scenes,

They will find the streets are guarded

By United States Marines.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My rifle, without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than any enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will....

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.