Non responseve seller

AZ highdesert

What do you do when a forum member offers to sell you a comanche part, you send him the money, he acknowledges receiving the money and over 30 days later won't answer your emails or hasn't sent the part?

Post up who he is so maybe we can help you out and he can't screw anyone else...

pm him and say send parts, or i'm calling you out on the club. tell pete who he is and what's going on.

don't call out until he responds. OR let pete handle it...although i'm sure he doesn't need any more work.

i've been in the seller's shoes...not proud of that. i have alot of shipping issues in my town, and my UPS pickup doesn't do anything right (i.e. i don't really use UPS anymore because of it). but, i also am a bit slow about it sometimes. but, if that's the case, i have no problem shelling out some $$$ back to them.

-Pat

definately don't call him out, i tried that on another site, and the guy wouldnt sell me the parts, then again, he didnt have my money yet... i say call that beotch out... the least he could do is call you back if something personal has happened...

:???:

man you confused the he!! out of me with that post...

definately don't call him out, i tried that on another site, and the guy wouldnt sell me the parts, then again, he didnt have my money yet... i say call that beotch out... the least he could do is call you back if something personal has happened...

:???:

man you confused the he!! out of me with that post...

:chillin: Me too... :chillin:

So...you are saying don't call him out... but... call him out... Did I get that right? :rotfl2:

Anyway, if there is absolutely no response in that amount of time, I think it is time to make it public and see what happens. Don't be nasty...just let the group know what's up and who it is. Maybe someone on here lives close to the person or knows them personally and can help.

the most important thing is communication. if he has a legit reason, or even if he's just "dropped the ball", he should have communicated by now.

in addition to my other question if he still has items for sale, how long has he been a member, how many posts does he have, and has he had any posts or interaction w/other members since your last communication? point being, if he hasn't responded to you but is conversing w/other members recently, i'd take that as not a good sign about him honoring the deal. unless he's a member that is highly involved here or sells a lot of items, unfortunately he may not care if he gets called out and banned, he'll just move on to another site and do it again. good luck...... :popcorn:

What do you do when a forum member offers to sell you a comanche part, you send him the money, he acknowledges receiving the money and over 30 days later won't answer your emails or hasn't sent the part?

You call the cops in his town, and if you sent the money by mail you call the U.S. Postal Service postal inspectors.

don't call out until he responds. OR let pete handle it...although i'm sure he doesn't need any more work.

I'll let Pete post for himself whether or not he may choose to intervene, but IMHO there is no reason why he should do so. We've been going through this regarding a group buy on another forum. Even though the forum owner/admin clearly stated from the outset that the guy coordinating the group buy (the "seller," in other words) had no affiliation with the forum other than as an ordinary member and that the forum was not involved in and would not be responsible for the group buy -- when the "seller" collected over $15,000 and didn't even order the merchandise people started bugging the forum owner about how he "should" do something.

WRONG!

If you respond to an ad in the newspaper classifieds and the deal goes bad, do you call the editor and expect him to "do something"? This forum is a place for people to post ads. Pete can't personally vouch for every member's honesty and integrity. These are business transactions, they are covered by various laws (Federal, if the buyer and seller are in different states), and there are avenues available through which to approach dealing with a deadbeat seller.

Personally, I think it's very unfair to Pete to even suggest that he get involved (other than perhaps to ban the deadbeat).

I'll let Pete post for himself whether or not he may choose to intervene, but IMHO there is no reason why he should do so. We've been going through this regarding a group buy on another forum. Even though the forum owner/admin clearly stated from the outset that the guy coordinating the group buy (the "seller," in other words) had no affiliation with the forum other than as an ordinary member and that the forum was not involved in and would not be responsible for the group bay -- when the "seller" collected over $15,000 and didn't even order the merchandise people started bugging the forum owner about how he "should" do something.

WRONG!

If you respond to an ad in the newspaper classifieds and the deal goes bad, do you call the editor and expect him to "do something"? This forum is a place for people to post ads. Pete can't personally vouch for every member's honesty and integrity. These are business transactions, they are covered by various laws (Federal, if the buyer and seller are in different states), and there are avenues available through which to approach dealing with a deadbeat seller.

Personally, I think it's very unfair to Pete to even suggest that he get involved (other than perhaps to ban the deadbeat).

Absolutely right Eagle. I admin a site (Florida Jeepers Offroad Assoc.) of my own (co-founder) and have been through this. I/we have told folks the same thing there as this has happened a couple times in our almost 5 years of exsistence now.

i had this happen to me on this club before, over an item

made a deposit on the item and went to pick it up to find out it was not the item he described, at which point i was informed he had 'spent' my 100$ deposit.

i drove the 210 miles back home. and ate the 55$ in gas.

ended up taking 4-5 MONTHS and a dispute with paypal (annoying as piss) to get it worked out.

i don't remmber if i ever called him out on it, but he did come back to sell the same item again and some other stuff a few months later and i let him know i hadn't forgotten. thankfully he hasn't showed up since.

moral of this story... USE PAYPAL! (or some other way that you can get the money back if the poop hits the fan)

oh yeah, and CALL HIS ARSE OUT!

thats why i try to always buy local. if not no more than 1 hour away. i had that problem once trading some stuff. had his address so i did a reverse lookup for phone. called, turned cout he was 15, needless to say his parents were none to happy and i promptly got my stuff.

I have sold / traded a lot of parts here with other members, But my policy is, you don't sent the $$ until you receive the parts, and there the correct parts.

Maybe I'm just 'old school' But I've only had problems a couple of times, and things got worked out. People that forget to sent me the $$ get a nice reminder from me, and then are taken off my Xmas card list :D

In other words, don't ask me for any more parts.

AZ highdesert - In your case, sent the person one more e-mail, tell them if correspondence is not made, you'll take this matter to the next level.

And the next level is to call them out here, and explain what you bought, how much, and how long you been waiting.

I for one want to know whom not to deal with, as I'm sure other's would want to know too. If that person wants to keep his/her creditability here, they will respond to you.

Your kind of on your own here, but not really, Eagle has posted what other actions you can take, and yes, you will get response with that action. But be prepared to have some back up with that action (dates, postmarks, receipts....ect.) If by chance you paid with Paypal, you also have them to help you get your $$ back, slow process, but still helps.

I'm sure the person your dealing with is reading this thread, and will respond to you, and if not, well, we all want to know, and can deal with them in our own way.

i don't know how some people can sleep at night knowing that they screwed a fellow member , but it happens thankfully this is only the second time i have heard of this happening here, at least out loud so to speak. i say call them out when U feel its it is totaly necessary . thats my opinion

I'm having the same problem with a fellow member, maybe the same one??? I paid for a part back in December, went through a few emails back and forth about how he keeps forgetting to send it, bla, bla, bla.....

Anyhow it was only for $25. He must have needed the $25 more than me. :roll:

Someday he will have to answer to the man upstairs about it, not me.

John Q and Highdesert, if you haven't already, I think you need to PM each other and confirm if it is the same person. If it is, IMO, once might be a mistake, but twice means it's intended and therefore it's time to call him out before #s 3, 4, and 5 get burned too. Just another one of my $.02 worth, which brings me to about 6 or 8 cents on this thread :D

John Q and Highdesert, if you haven't already, I think you need to PM each other and confirm if it is the same person. If it is, IMO, once might be a mistake, but twice means it's intended and therefore it's time to call him out before #s 3, 4, and 5 get burned too. Just another one of my $.02 worth, which brings me to about 6 or 8 cents on this thread :D

I agree. Neither of you may be ready to drop the hammer on the public forum, but it would be a good idea to determine if it's the same guy. Heck, it might even be the same part(s). If there's one guy who is brushing both of you off and "forgetting," I respectfully suggest it's time for the gloves to come off.

If you used paypal there is a time limit on filing a complant. Make sure you don't miss it.

After 3 trys with no response, I would put up a post calling him out to see what the problem is(without details) and if anyone has heard from him.

If you still don't get anywhere call him out and let the world know as much about him as possible.

I have seen a repeat offender get called out on Pirate and members came up with his address, his parents address and a bunch of other public info.

The seller contacted his parents and they said he is off at college, which he already knew. He explained what he was doing. They paid back the money he had ripped the people off for and then cut him off, until he made it right with his parents. They also had him post that he was an @$$ for ripping people off and apologize for what he had done. He wound up missing a semester at college and living on his own for 8 months(because his parent didn't let him move back home) before he was able to make things right. After he made things right with his parents he was able to go back to school, because his parents helped with tuition, but he is on his own for all of his other needs.

I'm pretty sure he learned from his mistakes....

I always like to recommend exercising caution in situations like this. There's always a chance the guy's in the hospital or some other extenuating circumstances.

And I like to exchange phone numbers before sending parts/money. Email is so unreliable.

:hateputers: