What do you collect?

Pete M

And that pile of old tires behind the garage doesn't count. :D My old boy scout troop is doing some sort of collecting merit badge and so I'm bring in a couple of my families collections as examples to show them.

My dad's giraffe collection. Although technically he doesn't collect giraffes. Years ago he made the mistake of telling my sister and me that it was his favorite animal and we, uh, sorta built his collection for him. :D

My dad's rock collection. Every trip we go on we come back with rocks. Most free, some purchased. From all over the country. This is only the part that's displayed in the living room.

My dad also collects ball caps. This is a part of his collection.

I have a thing for weird and old bullets....

I cannot find the pics I had....

Here is one of the boxed stuff. This is not the really old stuff. Most of the really old stuff is single pieces.

I also have a affinity for knives and swords. I have a number of these as well.

CW

I don't really collect anything, per se. I used to have a plethora of old computers(about 30 CRT monitors, roughly 35-40 cases, and boxes and boxes of parts). I got rid of most of it now though, and thanks to me St. Vincent De Paul had banned computer parts shortly before they removed their box from my town.

A big hobby of mine though, is K'nex. (ya...ya...) But I think I've made some pretty nifty things the past few years.

I made a model of a V8 that everything moved in. Crank, Pistons, Rockers, Valves. It wasn't all toooo detailed, but it was neat. Don't have any pics of that one, but here's the V4 I've made that's supposed to eventually run on magnets...

And...the two speed shiftable tranny.

i have collected basketball cards since i was 8 years old. i have 3-4 TV-size boxes of just random cards in the attic but my main collection has about 500 different Michael Jordan cards including his rookie along with other misc stuff

i also collect Randy Rhoads memorabilia, he was Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist from 1979-1982 (see avy)

i collect 1/18 scale diecast cars. i havent done much lately as they have gotten VERY expensive as of late.

i also collect pins ....on a much more casual basis.

Pete, if i can dig tham out i will send a pic of these pins I have that were issued by the post office about 15 yrs ago. they are stamp pins, one is a Duesenburg and the other is I believe a Buick

i have collected basketball cards since i was 8 years old.
they actual have basket ball cards :nuts: but thats just me .

i collect a few things the main thing being COORS beer :cheers: stuff , iv got antique , cups , mugs , tin signs , mirrors , neon lights , clothes and soon a tatoo :roll: i got alot o stuff but had to take most of it down because the kid took over the game room so no pics .

i also collect old tin signs , anything antiquish and rusty , JOHN DEER diecast tractors , ball caps and some other stuff .

I'm kind of a packrat :banana:

I collect 1970-1974 Plymouth Barracudas. I currently have 456 different cars ranging from 1:140 to 1:10 scale, Hotwheels, remote control, slot cars, SSPs, diecast, etc.

Continuation:

And Spyderco knives (currently 63) these "Q" knives are my favorites