So what kind of lights are you running?

I dunno, I'm just curious. Got to thinking about this with my buddy coming over tomorrow with his '96 Cherokee to put in a new headlight setup. 

With a KSuspension headlight harness, IPF H4 headlight assemblies, and Sylvania Silverstar Ultra- 9003/H4s, I'm liking what I see at night. I have to adjust them again for the third time because everyone thinks I'm driving with highs on at night. 

I have the SS ultras in by Rover and ZJ as well, been running them for years now. But I think for my '88 Ranger, I'll try branching out with some Philips CrystalVision Platinums. 

What are you running in your rigs? What have your experiences been like?

0004.jpg.7f22441334738627a4c5b5534e6a9329.jpg

0000.jpg.8773219534a14777fdf9891be9551329.jpg

PXL_20240908_221711499.jpg

PXL_20240908_221026238.jpg

I’m running Hella housings and H4 bulbs in my Comanche. I’ve also got a relay harness in it. My brother has the same in his J10s, and I’ve got the 4x6 version in my Eagle. They are pretty similar to Holley Retrobrights, but they are way cheaper. 

Sealed beams with a DIY relay harness behind some retro stone guards on my daily driver. Still no complaints. The other MJ has Rampage H4 housings in it. I wasn't as impressed as I was expecting to be but I haven't got around to building a relay harness for it yet.

I've been thinking about trying to rig up an xj washer fluid tank and turn the rear washer circuit into a headlight washer jet, so I could run the 3000K Retrobrights without so much concern for them not being heated. I want to try them out. I find most LEDs are in the 5-6000K range which makes them not great in the snow, and the ones that aren't almost all look ridiculous.

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m running Hella housings and H4 bulbs in my Comanche. My brother has the same in his J10s, and I’ve got the 4x6 version in my Eagle. They are pretty similar to Holley Retrobrights, but they are way cheaper. 

I have the retrobrights and they are excellent. At $400 new that's a bit pricy, but I got lucky and was able to snag a yellow pair for $90 and later on a clear pair for $150.

15 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

I have the retrobrights and they are excellent. At $400 new that's a bit pricy, but I got lucky and was able to snag a yellow pair for $90 and later on a clear pair for $150.

That’s a great deal! My Hellas were somewhere around $100 new on Amazon

16 minutes ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

Glad to hear good things about the hella h4 housings. I just got a set and they will be installed soon.

For the MJ or the Eagle? I’ve got H4s for the high and low beams and then their H1 bulbs with their housings in my Eagle. Was twice as much as the MJ lights, but still worth it.