Opinion question on white letters out or not...

It's taken a while (and a pile of cash), but I'm having a set of refurbished Turbine wheels and 31x10.5 x 15 BFG Ko2's mounted tomorrow.

Should I go with white letters in or out?

I know that these trucks with the higher end rims had the white letters out back in the day.

Heading out the biggest (not many left in this area) pick & pull in Brockton, MA this morning.

Love going to the JY. 

Keeping expectations low-impossible to find an MJ and close to impossible to find any 84-96 XJ's.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

a classic truck with a classic tire.  very nice. :D 

do make sure you rotate those BFGs religiously.  maybe even more than you think.

I'm also interested in this. Are the ko2s known for needing rotated a lot?

1 hour ago, coheed said:

I'm also interested in this. Are the ko2s known for needing rotated a lot?

it's not BFG that's to blame, but the soft rubber, tall blocks, and intricate pattern can go sideways fast if the alignment is a hair off or driving style or location put extra abuse on the tires.  for example, here in the foothills of GA every tire will be sensitive to outside edge wear simply because there's no such thing as a straight line in our roads. :(  tires here are also prone to what I call "eraser wear" due to the amount of braking we do downhill.  (so named because I use a pencil eraser to describe to people what is happening.  but essentially the individual rubber blocks flex backwards under braking and wear a feathered pattern into the edge and needs to be cross-rotated to be put into the opposite rear spot on the truck to balance it out.)