Snow Covered Mountains and Ice Covered Trees

Manche757

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to work for a few hours today. Looks nice out now, but they are calling for freezing rain tonight. Hopefully the front scours out the east wind and it just rains. My GMC 3500 is the only vehicle in the fleet with enough ground clearance to make it out of the driveway.

20210214_110452.jpg

20210214_113140.jpg

That's not my driveway, I don't have asphalt. I spent 3 hours digging that truck out today. It was dragging snow with it's rear axle, some places with the bumper. It would never have gotten stuck if the chains for the rear axle had been put away correctly. They were put in the wrong bags, and moved to storage. 

I'm sure I'll have some new ones starting at about 0400 tomorrow morning:mad:

Anyone here around Louisiana way (Slidell, specifically)?  Was texting a buddy of mine last night who lives there now (Ft. Polk) and he said it's nuts down there.  As it is in alot of other places.

Someone sent me a text a few minutes ago showing snow on the ground. A  5 foot snowman and said they are getting ready to build an igloo. Mail is not being delivered because of ice. The curious part about it all is that they are in Mississippi.

On 2/14/2021 at 4:29 PM, mjeff87 said:

Wife and I got out of the subdivision today and got to see some of the 'hood.  Absolutely stunning view of mother nature doing her best, but absolutely destructive at the same time.

20210214_124332.jpg

20210214_124338.jpg

Really pretty.  The National Park service labels winter ice as nature's pruners