so what little things have made you smile lately...

Pete M

lots of negativity in the world right now so I thought I'd share that I watched a hummingbird taking a shower in my sprinkler today.  :D  He would follow the spray across the yard and then fly to a branch to shake and preen.  Then do it all over again. 

and as I was watching that, I noticed this little guy hiding in the top of the hummingbird feeder for the day. 

109348089_3220140988007533_2798917762053066181_o.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday some Seals hanging out on a ship's rudder. One on the right was wanting some action. One of the left was having none of it.d552524433a3fbf3953478e8bfe73247.jpg

89 Comanche

Eliminator

2wd

4.0L

5 speed PukeGoat

Factory Original

We sort of adopted a stray outside cat.  If she wasn't a she, she would already have been brought inside the house, but we've had bad luck with female cats in the past (bad temperament and fighting with our other cats).  So she stays outside, mostly in our garage.  Anyways, she follows me around everywhere I go when I'm outside.  It's really cute, she's just like a little dog.

Ill grab a pic of her when I go feed her "breakfast" here in a little bit.  She sits in front of the garage door every morning until I come down (usually to leave for work).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

she follows me around everywhere I go when I'm outside.  It's really cute, she's just like a little dog.

our cat did the same thing when she was young.  :D  always had to keep tabs on me and stick her nose in my work.  I'd never had a cat that acted so much like a dog. :laugh:

Olive looks so cool.  Those blue eyes too:beerchug:

I might have posted pics before, but here's our (inside) brood.  3 guys, they all get along like sausage gravy and biscuits, for the most part.  Doing what they do best, lol.  It's 100 degrees here today....we're all doing the same thing.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Here is my cat, Fat Cat, being as charming as ever. She is indoor and outdoor. 

91A1D89D-57A4-48F6-A7F7-DABDCAE93963.jpeg.95dad4930e6d96f6d21abc17258306f8.jpeg2D599EB4-3425-4D92-BA8B-8A2FDDCE3D14.jpeg.da3feeea66141eb43c0d64c8bbbcf044.jpeg9AF54B20-5BBC-4F35-95DF-C62F9F85AF4D.jpeg.13aac3046cff513e847cbd8f11a95da1.jpeg

Big cat, lol.  Looks just like out Abner (short for abbey-normal:laugh: he's polydactyl on all four feet....cat is nothing but huge feet).  He's the one all balled up on the chair, you really can't tell how big he is from the pic.  19 lbs the last time we weighed him.  I think Fat Cat has him by a few lbs though.

58 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

The reason we still get a paper, Thingamajig needs her daily job.

Oh, if I could only train ONE of these lazy @$$ cats to do that, I'd be in heaven.

Ever try training a cat to do.....anything? :)

I trained our cat to not freak out when I pick her up and flip her upside down for a belly rub.  :dunno:  does that count?  She was a feral for the first year of her life so it took years to get to that stage of trust.  plus I've got a 75% success rate on calling her to me.  She knows she's getting a back rub. :D    But then she has us trained too and knows who/when to go to during the course of the day for some pettin' or playin'.  for example, every evening she'll walk to my room, meow, and then run back to the living room and wait for me to come grab a string and play. 

My buddy's black cat fetches little toys you throw. :D 

1 hour ago, mjeff87 said:

Big cat, lol.  Looks just like out Abner (short for abbey-normal:laugh: he's polydactyl on all four feet....cat is nothing but huge feet).  He's the one all balled up on the chair, you really can't tell how big he is from the pic.  19 lbs the last time we weighed him.  I think Fat Cat has him by a few lbs though.

Believe it or not, the last time we weighed her, she was only 11 pounds. I think she has lost weight since then though. Lots of these pictures are from when she still had her winter coat. She also poses in ways that make her look fat. 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I trained our cat to not freak out when I pick her up and flip her upside down for a belly rub.  :dunno:  does that count?  She was a feral for the first year of her life so it took years to get to that stage of trust.  plus I've got a 75% success rate on calling her to me.  She knows she's getting a back rub. :D    But then she has us trained too and knows who/when to go to during the course of the day for some pettin' or playin'.  for example, every evening she'll walk to my room, meow, and then run back to the living room and wait for me to come grab a string and play. 

My buddy's black cat fetches little toys you throw. :D 

We are in just about the same boat with Fat Cat. Only she was only feral for a few months when she followed me home from the neighbors wood pile. 

Ralph (the one sleeping on the bay window) is truly feral.  He's a farm cat we got from my wife's aunt/uncle up in rural PA.  The other 2 orange ones came from a rescue shelter down here in VA. They're all a bit "special" in their own way, lol.  Three completely different personalities.  But they all get along just fine, which is all that counts.

Fat Cat and Skinny Cat.  If only one is around, I'll ask them where their stupid sister is.  They never answer.

One thing I've discovered, they don't like it when I rearrange the furniture.  Changed up the bedroom and skinny cat took one look, hissed, and wouldn't come in for a month.

IMG_8016.jpg

So this just wandered into my garage this morning while I was out working on the house.  Thankfully the owner had his phone number on the collar tag ( he lives in the same neighborhood).  Its 105 degrees here today, little guy had no business being out walking the streets in the 'hood.  My cats would have eaten him as a snack, lol.  Say hello to Mr. Reese:cool:

20200720_085103.jpg

20200720_085115.jpg

17 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Mr Reese looks a little malnourished.

Yeah, he is tiny.  And his owner didn't seem too upset about his escaping....he told me he gets out on occasion through a hole in the fence in his back yard.:mad:  They are a younger couple, just moved in about 6 months ago.

I watched a similar sized dog from the (old) neighbors up the street from me get squashed by a car right in front of my driveway a couple summers ago.  It was not pleasant.

Her name is Indiana.....I taught here to wave goodbye (that is why the paw is blurry in the pic....she is waving)

now she sends me off on my day with a wave....Can't help but smile

Wave_1_Moment.jpg