RHD Comanche

Okay, so a RHD MJ has popped up on ebay in the UK, I am interested however the seller is stating that its a factory RHD that was supplied to the Japanese market then imported to the UK, I smell BS. I am right in thinking that there was never a factory RHD MJ? I know early UK XJs were actually built LHD and converted to RHD by a company here in the UK before the US factory produced genuine RHD XJs, I am wondering if this MJ got the same treatment. I have requested the VIN to see if I can figure out what it is. It is a bit too far just to wander over to see if it has a RHD XJ front cab section welded onto an MJ LOL

mj.JPG

Regardless of the one in question...........I do not care one way or the other..............

It's not so simple as to call BS at the thought of an AMC vehicle coming from Japan. 

Do a little reading-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hugo90/43905683272

Jeep Cherokee with Right Hand Drive

AMC built Jeeps in Australia for a few years but it didn't last long. AMC cars had been built in Melbourne by Australian Motor Industries for years, but then Toyota took that company over. I suspect that ended building AMC vehicles.

Jeep Cherokee with Right Hand Drive

And you'll find supporting articles-

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103136

That looks like a 91-95 engine to me. The '96 valve cover is different. '95 up brake master cylinder. That steering column would be out of either a '95 or '96. That looks like the pre '95 power seat controls, but I don't really remember what the '95-'96 power seat controls look like.

Looks like a '95 XJ was the donor for most of the parts.

The hole for the windshield washer tank in the inner fender started showing up on 96’s. I’ve had 4 96’s and they all had the hole stamped out but no tank. Tank was in the usual spot. 95’s would have the aluminum valve cover, late 95’s may have had the fender well stamped for the ww tank I only had one 95 and I didn’t notice it at the time, 2003 or so.

I’m guessing a late 1995 donor judging by the ecu and other evidence.

96 would have had the obd2 aluminum ecu. Also has map sensor on the firewall instead of on the TB.