Chrome door handles

10 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

What’s weird is the salvage yard I frequent has several XJs with the chrome handles and they are still on the doors. Which reminds me I should see if they have metal ones. 

The chrome handles are metal.  They're the only handles you can actually get off the doors without snapping the studs.

4 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

The chrome handles are metal.  They're the only handles you can actually get off the doors without snapping the studs.

That is completely dependent on where the vehicle lived.   Here in AZ, the nuts come off the studs on ALL the XJ handles no sweat.   I would guess up in your area, the rust on the studs makes it problematic.

6 hours ago, AZJeff said:

That is completely dependent on where the vehicle lived.   Here in AZ, the nuts come off the studs on ALL the XJ handles no sweat.   I would guess up in your area, the rust on the studs makes it problematic.

Not even rust.  Just a slight inkling of corrosion and they snap.  It's a dissimilar metal thing I think.

• 6 months later...

94f6283dd08c24cbc2f7840dfbbaba85.jpg7959c26e5792836224c166b1ce3a9fc3.jpg2c69b29c9867389475479e626fb8609b.jpg8f1906c6360235efd1265314bb9c202d.jpg
I have also found some that seem to be in good condition. I didn’t pull them as I didn’t know if anyone would want them and I don’t like having a heap of parts around. If there’s interest I can pull them next time in at that yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent Strokermjcomanche a pm on Sat but he has not responded.  If I do not hear back by tomorrow, I am interested in what both of what you show for front handles. Pick and Pull only leaves vehicles on the lot about 3 weeks here before they crush them.  Not sure how long they linger where each of you are. 

I sent Strokermjcomanche a pm on Sat but he has not responded.  If I do not hear back by tomorrow, I am interested in what both of what you show for front handles. Pick and Pull only leaves vehicles on the lot about 3 weeks here before they crush them.  Not sure how long they linger where each of you are. 

This is a yard that is small and they keep things for at least a few months before they get gone, maybe more

6 minutes ago, SatiricalHen said:

Thanks for ruining the fun buzz kill.. just kidding, I guess I can grab 4 doors of handles and give two Comanches a lovely set of handles.

Lol I have a bad habit of doing that. None the less someone is looking for them and they are metal. Hmmm maybe I should pull a set of two and paint them so I have metal handles. Hmmmm