• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dollop podcast!
And a little "My Favorite Murder"
And some "Unexplained Mysteries"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gonna have to check these out they sound interesting.

1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231 red with gray interior.

Been rocking some ska....
Mustard plug, skankin pickle, operation ivy, mad caddies, to name a few. 
I was doing some mighty mighty bosstones last week

1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231 red with gray interior.

If you like dumbass, funny comedians talking about history and it actually being educational and informing you of how screwed up our country (and Australia, canada and iceland) were and still are, then The Dollop is where its at! It keeps me very entertained at work all day!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

30s 40s 50s  that sort of thing.  spotify is just full of neat playlists.  
Yes it does. I'll look for some just to see if there's a Playlist and sure enough there's one.

Stock 1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231.

Many of you guys will probably not like what I listen to, mostly straight ahead jazz. One cd I played over and over while working on one of the cars in the garage is Roy Haynes Te Vou, great musicians and great tunes. I will stop in my tracks to listen a Stevie Ray Vaughn song. I have a weird list of favorite singers, Al Jarreau, James Taylor, Michael McDonald and Johnny Hartman, many others but too many to list. I play with a guitar trio every Wed night and he is into Mike Stern and Pat Metheny tunes, I have been into them both for a while also. My wife is really into classical music but being a drummer and percussionist I have such a hard time remembering tunes, pieces because I never play the melody! A group I like listening to and sharing with anyone is Goat Rodeo Sessions, all world class musicians but no drums! 

28 minutes ago, buxmj said:

Many of you guys will probably not like what I listen to, mostly straight ahead jazz. One cd I played over and over while working on one of the cars in the garage is Roy Haynes Te Vou, great musicians and great tunes. I will stop in my tracks to listen a Stevie Ray Vaughn song. I have a weird list of favorite singers, Al Jarreau, James Taylor, Michael McDonald and Johnny Hartman, many others but too many to list. I play with a guitar trio every Wed night and he is into Mike Stern and Pat Metheny tunes, I have been into them both for a while also. My wife is really into classical music but being a drummer and percussionist I have such a hard time remembering tunes, pieces because I never play the melody! A group I like listening to and sharing with anyone is Goat Rodeo Sessions, all world class musicians but no drums! 

good stuff in there :D   I gravitate towards the more bluesy jazz but good music is good music :cool:

51 minutes ago, buxmj said:

I am weird as i can listen to anything just as long as its good, these are good picks. sometimes its nice to hear just the instruments. but i will have to check out Goat Rodeo Sessions, can't say I've heard of them.

Oh where to start? I know I'm young and have that awful habit of listening to select songs from an album but I enjoy listening to a full album. I also posted a question about records a while back if you caught that one. But that's a tough call as I have a few favorite albums. But I think my top favorite would have to be Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings 1973.

33 minutes ago, jdog said:

next question, what is your favorite album? one that you can listen to fully and not skip any songs.

favorite?  as in just one?  I couldn't possibly narrow it down that far.  :dunno:  I've got plenty of albums in my favs I could listen to on repeat

18 minutes ago, Pete M said:

favorite?  as in just one?  I couldn't possibly narrow it down that far.  :dunno:  I've got plenty of albums in my favs I could listen to on repeat

not necessarily one there are far to many albums out there to make you choose just one.

49 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Oh where to start? I know I'm young and have that awful habit of listening to select songs from an album but I enjoy listening to a full album. I also posted a question about records a while back if you caught that one. But that's a tough call as I have a few favorite albums. But I think my top favorite would have to be Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings 1973.

I think that the radio has that affect on people, here's a song by this band, next we have this song by that band.   Ill have to check that question out bet there's some good stuff in there. that looks like a good album there, can't say I've listened to the full album before tho, will have to put it on the list.

10 hours ago, jdog said:

next question, what is your favorite album? one that you can listen to fully and not skip any songs.

Man can't say I have just one but I could name my top ten. These probably spend the most time on my turntable. Most are punk albums, because well I love punk. 

No particular order

Dag nasty- Circles

Screeching Weasel- Wiggle

Lillingtons- $h^t out of luck

Teenage bottle rocket -Total

Sludgeworth- Losers of the year

Queers- Love songs for the retarded

Ramones- Self titled

Vindictives- May moods of the Vindictives

Youth Brigade- sound & fury

Zero Boys-Viscous Circle

Some of my favorite albums are live albums, Frampton, Chuck Mangione live at the Hollywood Bowl, liked the Band on the Run reference above for favorite studio albums. Also Pat Metheny First Circle. The first tune Forward March you need to know the back story to appreciate the tune, I saw them open a concert with that piece and was wondering what was this crap, lol. 

Buck

I'm an 80s rock kind of guy.  Hairbands and some 80s pop. 

Go go iTunes or Spotify and type in "Hush Harbor".  This is my band and we have a few tunes there.  We're Christian rock. 

I've recently been getting into groovy, smooth jazz stuff like Sade when I'm in a chill-out mood.   For high energy hard rock, I go with Black Label Society--my go-to metal for many years now.