jdog

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

frog leap is fantastic. :D  I played this tune at holloween each time a group of older kids came up.  the intro sounds cool and spooky... but then the real song drops.  nothing scary than that song stuck in your head.  they thought it was hilarious!  :laugh:  oh, and I answered the door in a giant shark's head.  (for little kids I played the regular song)

When those scout songs from your scouting days resurface and strike back with a vengeance. I thought I escaped baby shark.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, jdog said:

next question, what is your favorite album? one that you can listen to fully and not skip any songs.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

NEW ROCK AND ROLL SAME SOUND!!!! 

NEW METAL -

GROOVY CALIFORNIA CRUISE MUSIC FOR A PRETTY LADY IN THE CAR -

Horatio "El Negro" Hernandez on drums, try to follow the clave rhythm he plays on the muted cowbell with his left foot, throughout the whole tune, while everything is going on, and that is just 3 people, totally blows me away every time I listen, crazy good.  

weird. :thinking: must have copied the wrong address.  just search for " what makes this song great"

Did you try copying the Playlist link, I searched, its there, but gives the same thing if I share the Playlist.

Stock 1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231.

We got a program here on Sundays that's called into the music, it's interesting as he chooses a band and goes thru the time line. But I'll have to start listening to those as well.

14 minutes ago, jdog said:

We got a program here on Sundays that's called into the music, it's interesting as he chooses a band and goes thru the time line. But I'll have to start listening to those as well.

Sounds kinda like my Sunday mornings but instead of learning about bands, you learn about The Beatles for 2 hours. Very interesting and awesome program and it airs on a station here from a station in PA. 

10 hours ago, jdog said:

I listen to that sometimes.  I just caught the end of that last night and was bummed because they were playing Clapton and I missed it.

They get into a lot of the music that isn't in the popular rotation on classic rock stations so you hear more than the 3 hit songs by that band.  Sometimes that's a great thing, other times you get a good sense why only 2 or 3 songs get air play.  It just depends on the band.

So I saw Eric Clapton mentioned and wanted to share one of my favorite Clapton recordings, even though it is not a Clapton tune, a great remake of Hendrix's Little Wing. It is from the Legends tour, everyone is world class, Steve Gadd on drums, most drummers refer to him as Steve God. Great Clapton and Sanborn solos, Clapton finally gives up and he and the rest of the band are smiling at Sanborn while Sheryl Crow is waving him off, chills from the solo and laughter because everyone in the band just having fun listening.

I listen to that sometimes.  I just caught the end of that last night and was bummed because they were playing Clapton and I missed it.

They get into a lot of the music that isn't in the popular rotation on classic rock stations so you hear more than the 3 hit songs by that band.  Sometimes that's a great thing, other times you get a good sense why only 2 or 3 songs get air play.  It just depends on the band.
I caught most of it, usually I forget and turn it on at the end.