91 Eliminator 83K miles refresh with NOS parts

Dumped stuff in shop and sorta figuring out what I grabbed at stash.

IMG_5741_zps73rtwapc.jpg

Of course the RH isn't tinted, so not matched set.

IMG_5739_zpshbnysco5.jpg

Fixed windows are matched pair.

I'm sure they seal better, but this will be garage queen MJ and my other old Jeeps have opening windows.

IMG_5740_zps7achuqho.jpg

Dealership friend says these Regulator's were hard to find even when MJ / XJ manual windows were still being produced.

It was buried in old spider, roach & mouse infested trailer that I spent 3 days digging thru boxes.

I'm still kinda weak & body is surely fighting Hantavirus.

IMG_5702_zps6z3pi1lo.jpg

IMG_5703_zpspbp90xlb.jpg

IMG_5612_zpswro7g0sd.jpg

MJ filler inlet and XJ/MJ hood parts

IMG_5736_zpsrorpqu4q.jpg

Eliminator side molding trim

IMG_5738_zps4tbeyjd0.jpg

59 minutes ago, Red Mistress said:

MJ filler inlet and XJ/MJ hood parts

IMG_5736_zpsrorpqu4q.jpg

holy crap!  I've been looking for a nos gastank filler for years for my wall art!  nice finds all around! :bowdown:

unboxed the rear slider, the roaches & mice didn't leave much of the installation instrunctions, although they left plenty of droppings.

Fortunately they didn't attack the rear gasket and slider is in perfect condition. :)

I tried to install gasket around window frame, it's very pliable but couldn't get it around last corner.

My thoughts on going ahead and installing on frame now so when time comes to install on truck it would be easier.  Plus protecting the edges of gasket as throwing away the urine soaked stinking box away.

Have gasket in sun.

Guess soapy water is best for installing the gasket?

I hear it's a PIA to install the slider on truck.

IMG_5748_zpsjscmeiqo.jpg

IMG_5750_zpsnqbyb07t.jpg

Mirror showed up in mail today.  Thanks again Eaglescout526 for lead.  IOU.

IMG_5785_zpsrvxualrx.jpg

Rear bumper I bought on FB showed up all way from Canada.  End caps are better than one's I have now.  

Interesting that it has the plastic trim around license plate lights and my 91 doesn't.  What's up with that, guess it was before Chrysler ?

IMG_5784_zpsfo1fmgcx.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Mistress said:

Mirror showed up in mail today.  Thanks again Eaglescout526 for lead.  IOU.

IMG_5785_zpsrvxualrx.jpg

Rear bumper I bought on FB showed up all way from Canada.  End caps are better than one's I have now.  

Interesting that it has the plastic trim around license plate lights and my 91 doesn't.  What's up with that, guess it was before Chrysler ?

IMG_5784_zpsfo1fmgcx.jpg

Holy crap you bought that mirror! That’s a pretty penny right there.  No problem for the lead. I just enjoy helping with everyone’s projects. Chrysler probably removed them later on to make those bumpers cheaper to produce.

I've read misc debates on which is better open or closed, but never did see where 91-92 had "open" system.

Interesting exterior door handle.  It's made of metal, book shows for 84-86 XJ.

Now something else to find, a metal companion door handle.

IMG_0006_zpshejfj6uk.jpg

Nice cargo light with dash indicator panel & tinted RH vent window.  Good trade for NOS Blue floor mats.

This brings me to a late model dash indicator question for adding cargo light & sport bar lights with transmission comfort switch..

My understanding is that the switches are placed Left to right in this order:  

Bumper fogs  / Cargo light   

Trans comfort power / Sport bar lights

Anyone know answer or have pics of a MJ with trans comfort switch & sport bar light dash indicator?

IMG_0013_zpsgerkuzgq.jpg

IMG_0014_zpssdfanel3.jpg

Thanks for the thread link it's a good one!  No one has has pictures of all 4 switches.

Gjeep did verify that this is correct order from left to right:  Fog Lamps, Cargo Lamp, Power/Comfort, and Sport bar lights.

And although not pictured, the Trans power comfort / Sport Bar lights have indicator panel with same symbol as fog light.

That indicator panel has to be the hardest thing for Comanche parts peculiar to find.

Thanks YellaJeep for Al Unser, Jr. pin, it will be used to hold visor from sagging until restoration starts.

IMG_0023_zpsmayeqmfz.jpg

4 hours ago, Red Mistress said:

And although not pictured, the Trans power comfort / Sport Bar lights have indicator panel with same symbol as fog light.

I do not think this is correct. The symbol is not the same as fog lights, it is the same as the high beam symbol. If you look at the factory wiring diagram in the above attached thread, the switch is only activated if the high beams are on, the switch is wired to the high beam circuit. Conversely, the fog lights turn off when the high beams are activated. These are the the fog and sport bar light switch panel symbols:

Switches.jpg

Yes think you are correct.  Gjeep must of typo'd or meant switch is same in above linked thread.

I like learning all the nuisances of what Jeep did, especially the accessories.

On 11/3/2011 at 6:12 PM, Gjeep said:

Looks exactly like the icon for the fog/driving light switch. I have a scanned pdf of the installation sheet if anyone is interested in getting a copy and posting it up in the forum. I have no idea how. gjeepm@yahoo.com

I swapped the icon when I created my switch pod overlays because my rollbar lights will be able to turn on with the parking lights. 

Interating to note 84-86 XJ headlight switch icon was the “high beam” icon and then it changed to a light bulb...