I needed a laugh... :)

Pete M

This is more funny to me in a comforting way.

Back story:

My grandmother passed away 2 years ago and as a result my grandfather had to move into assisted living and sell the house that my grandparents had their whole life. They were very proud of their house they bought and paid for and raised 6 kids in including my dad. The people that bought their house completely ruined it with trash and garbage all over the yard (hoarder but not the good kind)  and its pretty run down now. I went to show one of my cousins that lives in another state so I looked up the address on Google maps.

It turns out that Google hasn't updated the image in like 11 years or something like that and street view shows my grandfather watering the flowers in the front yard. I hope they never change it.

Screenshot_20230327_023020_Maps.jpg

Current overhead view 😢 Screenshot_20230422_075846_Maps.jpg.cea33a6ff532dfc2f9aedc8b19bc6f4a.jpg

8 hours ago, strictlyxjs said:

This is more funny to me in a comforting way.

Back story:

My grandmother passed away 2 years ago and as a result my grandfather had to move into assisted living and sell the house that my grandparents had their whole life. They were very proud of their house they bought and paid for and raised 6 kids in including my dad. The people that bought their house completely ruined it with trash and garbage all over the yard (hoarder but not the good kind)  and its pretty run down now. I went to show one of my cousins that lives in another state so I looked up the address on Google maps.

It turns out that Google hasn't updated the image in like 11 years or something like that and street view shows my grandfather watering the flowers in the front yard. I hope they never change it.

Screenshot_20230327_023020_Maps.jpg

Current overhead view 😢 Screenshot_20230422_075846_Maps.jpg.cea33a6ff532dfc2f9aedc8b19bc6f4a.jpg

Google maps lets you view all years of Google streets view, it's an option you can select to show the year from their database.  For example the property I purchased last year has data from 09, 17, and 19.

On 4/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, pizzaman09 said:

Google maps lets you view all years of Google streets view, it's an option you can select to show the year from their database.  For example the property I purchased last year has data from 09, 17, and 19.

Damn I never new that. I actually just looked up pics of our old shop from 2011 and you can see our old shop truck mj!Screenshot_20230426_005315_Maps.jpg.8db347bc7d55e77523b7c30505fdfa18.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...