I needed a laugh... :)

Pete M

• 2 weeks later...

My brother learned about those when he was 15. I remember being surprised he didn’t know what it did, I’d been playing with them for as long as I can remember in the parents’ cars. But the memory of the incident is burned into my mind. For some reason he decided the best way to touch it after it stopped glowing was to lick it. I can still smell it.

32 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

My brother learned about those when he was 15. I remember being surprised he didn’t know what it did, I’d been playing with them for as long as I can remember in the parents’ cars. But the memory of the incident is burned into my mind. For some reason he decided the best way to touch it after it stopped glowing was to lick it. I can still smell it.

15?!?!  Wow! 
We learned about hot stuff by growing up around glowing wood stoves.

With the scars to prove it. 
We were around 9-10 years old when we were put in charge of the burning barrel.

It was always easier to get the fire going with a little splash of gasoline.

Our Dad specifically said not to use gas to get a fire going so we had to experiment with it.

Best experiment was when my little brother filled a 14oz Winchester 452AA can half full of diesel and cinched down the metal lid real tight.

Then he tossed it in the hot flaming barrel. He didn’t stick around to see what would happen. He ran about a hundred  feet away and got behind a stone wall.

Made a mushroom cloud about 40 ft high and rattled the windows.

Good Times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...