Millennial turds

shelbyluvv

I for some reason kept full coverage on it after I paid it off 2 years ago. The insurance company is paying me a pretty decent price for the truck, right at $27,000. Not bad for a truck that has been rear ended once and the Car Fox shows it as well. I was going to fight for more money but I have to get moving on the Long Bed Mega Cab. The shop in Utah is going to do a 100% EGR, DPF delete, H&S Tuner and new 4" exhaust on the truck for free. That is about $1500 worth of parts not including labor. They have already taking it to a 3rd party dealership for a check up and fluid changes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I'm not defending ANYBODY.

Just cause a sideways conversation went on,  does that prove guilt? How does anybody know that a DODGE HATER, at a Jeep event, didn't do this?
Did anybody see him do this? So just because he got butt hurt as a Hillary supporter that immediately points the finger AND proves his guilt?

Bo, I'm sorry somebody did this to your truck.

I think it's wrong to point fingers, as you have NO physical proof (items in individuals possession) or visually that he actually did it. Might as well say a black man did it, you can't prove whether he did it or was just walking by. Nobody seen it.

God Damn Hillary supporter! Screw due process, and the guys RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, Get a rope! He has to be guilty...

don't be steppin on my Constitution, I'll defend it today just as I did the day I took the oath.

Everybody deserves due process, free speech, and all the rights given that this document provides.

Ya didn't see it happen, take your losses.

Or be part of the greater problem.

Might have been random.  Not likely, but it could happpen.  Nor is it likely that it was a 'Dodge hater.'  You would have to be pretty much insane to sabotage a person's truck just because you didn't like the brand. So yeah, if the only person he pissed off was that guy, kinda makes it likely it was him...

I find it odd the water sensor didn't pick it up before it detonated the engine.

I guess a FASS with a water block filter and a locking fuel cap might be a worthwhile upgrade for the next one.  The FASS is a good upgrade for any diesel, IMHO.

Damn, being one of the 'younger" people here on CC and surrounded by all the respect and helpful nature of this site I am saddened to be associated with the disgusting nature of these people. I don't have knowledge of the world like true adults do, but I can understand there is a way you do and don't handle a problem. Having sympathy for mechanical nature, id rather not touch another mans pride and joy of a machine. Sure was a pretty truck, hopefully you can figure out a solution for the issues. unfortunately some kids, even peers I have don't understand how damaging actions can be. water in a gas engine is a different story than a young cummins like that. Those arent cheap. Good luck buddy. 

Bo, Did you file a police report on the incident?  The last guy I know who put sugar in someone's gas tank spent 6 months in San Diego County Jail.

True story. I used to work with Mac, he was a 17 year Navy Vet - a former aviation electrician who left the service with a service connected disability.  About 12 years ago Mac got evicted from his long term apartment because he would not/could not keep his music down,  Well, Mac decided to take things into his own hands and get revenge on the apartment manager who had given him the eviction notice buy putting sugar in the guys gas tank.  Late one night, after everybody should be asleep, Mac opened the unlocked garage where the car was parked and put the sugar in the gas tank, closed the garage door and went back to sleep in his apartment.  About 3 days later, San Diego Police Department knocked on Mac's door and took him off to Jail.   Seems not everyone was asleep and at least one of the neighbors Mac had disturbed spotted him that night.  When he got to court, Mac told the judge exactly what he did and why he did it. 

Mac is no mellennial - he is about 5 years younger than me.  But even decent people do STUPID things.

I called and was told without absolute proof there is nothing I could do. I was advised that an @$$ whooping was in order. I love these small town Sheriff's. My local boys are an amazing bunch of cops.

Our house is on a dirt road with a huge dry lake bed right behind it. When it rains it turns into a slippery, slimy mud slide. Marines and civilians come from all over to play on it. The Sheriffs will come out and watch and if they have their trucks will get down with us.

Not everything is bad in California. I actually love it here. I just hate their gun laws and how liberal it is.

I called and was told without absolute proof there is nothing I could do. I was advised that an @$$ whooping was in order. I love these small town Sheriff's. My local boys are an amazing bunch of cops.

Our house is on a dirt road with a huge dry lake bed right behind it. When it rains it turns into a slippery, slimy mud slide. Marines and civilians come from all over to play on it. The Sheriffs will come out and watch and if they have their trucks will get down with us.

Not everything is bad in California. I actually love it here. I just hate their gun laws and how liberal it is.

Well, hurry up and get over here!!!!

I'm terribly sorry to hear this happened. As a 23 year old from cali I can 100% agree to your statement how hard it Is to find a decent young man here. That's why most of my friends are much older than I. When did you move back to cali? If I recall you mentioned wanting to when we last talked how ever didn't kno you did.

I got back out here in late June.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I went today and took all of my stuff out of her and said my goodbyes. It was harder than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully this new truck will be as good as she was.

guess I totally missed that lol. Where abouts are you? Hope the new truck brings the joy your old one did. Although I'm sure it will it is a dodge(:

I only just got around to reading through this thread. I'll add my belated sympathy, but it's some consolation that you're getting a decent insurance settlement AND that you've found a decent replacement. I so envy other parts of the country, not just for their less restrictive gun laws. Around this neck o' the woods, you can't find a Dodge or RAM pickup more than three or four years old that still has wheel arches -- they all rust out, almost completely, very quickly.

As to the punk, my guess is that if he wasn't man enough to register with selective service (which is a legal requirement), he probably also didn't bother to vote. IMHO, anyone who is eligible to vote but doesn't has forfeited his/her right to complain in any way about the results of an election. Back in 2008 and again in 2012, both years over 47 percent of the population voted for Obama's opponent. We were pretty unhappy when he won, but we weren't out striking, blocking traffic, screeching about sabotaging the electoral college ... or vandalizing the property of those who voted for "hope and change." We sucked it up and moved on. Now that we have survived eight years of Obama's best efforts to destroy the United States, it's time to let someone rebuild the country.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

As a Canadian I have no idea how the American military work, is selective service the reserves? also if it's mandatory why isn't enforced? 

Selective service only provides your name if there is a draft, it does not mean your obligated to serve (imho it should be).

One thing the Russians (and many other countries) have is compulsory military service for all their able-bodied male citizens for at least a year. This does mold productive citizens out of some (not all) of the scumbags who would otherwise end up as a waste and burden to society. Saves $$ for the taxpayers too. I'm all for it.

One thing the Russians (and many other countries) have is compulsory military service for all their able-bodied male citizens for at least a year. This does mold productive citizens out of some (not all) of the scumbags who would otherwise end up as a waste and burden to society. Saves $$ for the taxpayers too. I'm all for it.

Do the military bases have safe places?

I'm counting days the days until the inauguration and stocking up on ammo. I think all hell is going to break loose.

On a better note, we fly to SLC Monday to look at our new truck. Hopefully it's as nice as all the pics and videos have shown us it is.

1b5bd90f8ffa035ff59383e52a461a7b.jpg

bd2d74c62abb3645670d7ffb64e85993.jpg