more and more everyday I get a little closer to throwing in the towel. Be so much easier to just sell it all off and by a damn MJ again and wheel the hell out of it with a 3" lift and some 33's. :(

Well, you said it.

Rob L. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
omg i just read all 31 pages and let me just say wow :bowdown: i can't beleve you gave up on the last xj :( so what are your plans with the ford? :yes:

big plans, but it is gone come tomorrow, got me a MJ again, being dropped off tomorrow. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif I'm back in the club, love me again for I have gone a stray. :shake: :thwak:

• 1 month later...

Some wheeling poses and some after math shots of this last run, inverted shackle. :D quick fix with the hi-lift jack. :yes:

Still working on axles, need to get them built soon. need 5.13s for a ford 44 front if anyone knows of anything. so got the knuckles back drilled machined and taped and hy-steer arms, reamed and ready to go.

• 2 weeks later...

mall crawling and took out the ring and pinion, don't know why its a awesome 35. :nuts:

So out with that and in with another crap 35 to get me by till 44/60 is done. Then be swapping the matching D30 up front as well to replace the bent housing, SO bunch of axle swaaping to hold me over the winter. Only hiccup is that they are from newer XJ, so the brakes no swap over so in need of newer drums and rotors, abs crap I tell you. :fool:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 1387163525

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 1387163525

mall crawling and took out the ring and pinion, don't know why its a awesome 35. :nuts:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the wonderful looking mud mixture substituting for gear oil. I wonder where that came from..... :hmm: :huh???:

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

well all put back together now, can't go faster then 55mph on the highway, lol

Rounded up more parts for the 44/60 set up and suspension setup. jamminz.gif

stuck at joes, :shake:

Lincoln locked front and rear.

D60 caliper brackets and military wrapped YJ front springs for front leaf spring conversion. :yes:

Axles painted and pretty.

5.13's for the 44 be here by tuesday then install them and major axle work be set. :woot:

this is what I'm going for with the leaf front set up.... :thumb:

attachment.php?attachmentid=309140&stc=1&d=1181577536

like this except I'll be running shackles in the back.

http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/files/P0001800_croped.JPG

lot of good info on the unibody over on pirate, if ever need ideas I'd start over there.

(Read before posting) Cherokee Mission Statement and Links to Tech - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

• 2 weeks later...

more parts for build and borrowed tire groover from my man lover to groove some tires for Choppergar, he needs all the help he can get, :teehee: and a set a tires for me to run at the Dog party. :rock:

priceless tool :bdr2:

my template for steering box braces

TJ brackets to hang leafs, be reinforcing these for use as only cause I do not have my factory LCA mounts. As well as my beefy shackles, (run for now, may need to run a boomarang shackle later.

Got some steel from a buddy as well and some extra steel at a welding shop, their scrap stuff so just let me have what I need.

Been tending to Nakita, she has been having mini seizures, :( so had her in the house for the last week while so damn cold out. She is doing better now but she is a old baby, just turned 11 this month. :beerbang: