Brought the jeep home tonight. will finish up the small stuff at home. think I have the steering figured out, then just have to square the brake away and should be rolling by this weekend hopefully. a few shots coming out the garage. :yes:

Me so sexy! :shake:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:agree: thats explain as it called "mini beast". should said sexy beast haha just kidding!

keep it up. how did you bolt the panel guard on bed? did you took bed off and bolt the guard on? or just rival it up?

:agree: thats explain as it called "mini beast". should said sexy beast haha just kidding!

keep it up. how did you bolt the panel guard on bed? did you took bed off and bolt the guard on? or just rival it up?

$#!& you not, my buddy is a garage door installer, and he jokes that any rig that makes it out of his shop has something on it from his garage doors. And well my seats are bolted in using garage door bolts, they have a small shoulder and them and worked perfect, lol and the corners are held on by track bolts, have a flat side with a knurl on them, mush like a wheel stud and just reached up between the bed sides and tightened the nut down and that be it. Again works great and nothing fancy and cost was a great savings that was had. :yes:

raining some outside so messed around in the shop today. I had pulled the drop pitman arm from the steering box, now to find a flatter arm to use. But messed around with a overhead XJ console I had picked up a few weeks ago, wanted a place for my sunglasses and a better dome light that I can have to actually work when I needed it to and be able to not have to worry about it when I pull the doors. So picked up a set of rocker switches from a buddy and integrated them in the overhead and I like the way it turned out. comanche.gif

picture.php?albumid=610&pictureid=11005

picture.php?albumid=610&pictureid=11006

picture.php?albumid=610&pictureid=11007

picked up WJ booster and MC so working on installing that, and be swapping out the MJ prop valve for a XJ one to do away with the rear valve on the MJ. Picked up another pitman arm today as well so hope to have the steering done this weekend.

well picked up a resivour today with another MC, as he wouldn't split it up, oh well only $20. So thus far I have $50 into the whole brake set up, booster/MC complete, new brake pedal, and brake switch, and XJ prop valve.

Looking good. Like those corners and lights ;) as for finally catching back up on this thread...street, trail and speed run wise the comfort level would be much better with shackles in back. It allows axle to move back rather than forward upon compression. You would also see benifit in verlicle climbing of tire for same reason. Only real benifit is driveline does not need as much spline.

whats left on your mj? we gotta meet someday an intro our mj. i really like your mj but saldy that chevy with this massive lift is not my thingy. :roll:

btw is chevy truck have front AND rear steering?

It does...you can see the ram. And check out those front lift blocks!!! Scary. But...that is a good ole mud truck. Gotta love it for what it is.

Looking good. Like those corners and lights ;) as for finally catching back up on this thread...street, trail and speed run wise the comfort level would be much better with shackles in back. It allows axle to move back rather than forward upon compression. You would also see benifit in verlicle climbing of tire for same reason. Only real benifit is driveline does not need as much spline.

yeah I know, almost went that way, but for the ease and simplity of install just went to the front. It still drives pretty good with good road manners, the seats help for sure, :yes:

but I can deal with it for the next year or so until I link the front.

yeah I know, almost went that way, but for the ease and simplity of install just went to the front. It still drives pretty good with good road manners, the seats help for sure, :yes:

but I can deal with it for the next year or so until I get bored and sell it

Fixed it for ya.

Rob :waving:

yeah I know, almost went that way, but for the ease and simplity of install just went to the front. It still drives pretty good with good road manners, the seats help for sure, :yes: but I can deal with it for the next year or so until I get bored and sell it
Fixed it for ya. Rob :waving:
Everything is for sale for the right price, you should know that. but now that you mention it about to put it up as i would like to get a side byside! :brows:

• 2 months later...

well been a while for updates. But quick review, wife and I split up 2 months before our 1 yr wedding anniversary, so we split and to handle a few debts and survive, I sold off my winch and seats thus far, put a bench seat in as I planned before bought the last seats, so far I like it , not like my last seats, but like it for my 2 kids sake. So living out of my truck now so importance is the engine, I go through about 2 gallons of oil every tank of gas, and get roughly 10 miles a gallon. So finally got me a engine to swap in and thus be working on it this week and hope to be done with it by sunday. THen I'll be looking to hit the road and head south or west to find work and start over. So yeah that is my update. image_209027.gif