I had 40x17R15 ground hawgs, love them had them bit more then a year, work good on trails I run, but steering was a pain, needed upgrade for those tires. Also was heavy can feel such a difference in throttle response. I love the wheel speed, why I went to 5.13 gears.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorry to disappoint you. :{

Well one side done today, new wheel bearings and seals, new brakes and fresh joint installed on the passenger side. Had some slop in the bearings, but it was time for a overhaul anyways after the abuse of the 40s. Now got to find me another set of axles for drivers side as after a closer look the inner shaft did get twisted a bit that the ujoint won't sit right. But with that the plan is to upgrade to some yukon shafts and joints perhaps a tax refund gift to myself. ;).

• 1 month later...

Well now my steering is shot. Never was to happy with it in the first place. Had to cut off the front hole on the hysteer arms cause of the tight back spacing I was running and am now as well. Being stright arms vs the bent arms. so have crossover set. up. But I

ssue is with the 4" stretch in the front I need to mount the draglink on top of the tierod as they are inline now. The original plan was to run DL to pass knuckle arm and since had to cut front hole off I no longer have 2 holes just the one. So the debate since ends are toast now anyways is to either run new set up with heims, (Ruff Stuff Kit), or replace ends and. Just mount the draglink on top of TR with a single heim double sheer set up and call it good. Or get some new arms and run the true hysteer like the origanl plan. Ummmm???

• 2 weeks later...

Well handle the steering. Needed new tre on the drag link. Also after talking with you about tr roll Wade3, I have the same issue and the spacer that say to install on the passenger knuckle to prevent the roll, well it rolls and that be part of reason in binds. So will orer thir spacers from JCR OffRoad, as well as a inner steering box spacer for the durango box I have on its way. :<

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plan to run it! Lol

Na, hight steer cross over steering, coils or coilovers in front, long arm, keeping 4.10s for now as be picking up a 14bolt for the rear and no longer going to 4 link the rear just going to pick up a new set of metric ton leafs. And be swapping in the ax15 as well so geaing should be alright for now but if sits long enough then just regear everything to 4.88s and plan on 40s again.