• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well steering fixed now, come to find out the death wobble symptoms was cause by the fact that my hy-steer arms were drilled wrong, to much taken out, so the nut would bottom out on the end not allowing it to fully tighten, 1/4" worth :( but fixed it and all is tight again.

• 2 months later...

the skulls, I had bought a rocker sticker kit for $25 from auto zone. Turn out better then I expected I must say. wish i had bought a brand new electric wagner paint sprayer for the job then wouldn't of had the runs as i used a freebie one. But for $50 to have a new gun, $30 for a gallon of oil based paint, and $10 for tape, and just a nice day, can have a paint job on the rig for under $100 that is decent enough to spend $5 now and then at the car wash and not give a $#!& out on the trail about scratching it, as wal-mart stocks big cans of touch up paint. :D

• 2 months later...

40x17x15 ground hawgs

so it running now and I going to pull it come spring for a sbc, @#$% it been talking to much so going to just do it now. :D

bigger tires now... rear is on but swapping to 1/2 ton brakes up front to rid of the big 3/4 ton brake set up so I can run my 15" rims. way more tire options with 15's so H2 had to go.

brake brackets from here ordered.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Dana-60-Front-Axle-3-4-Ton-Disc-Brake-Conversion-/140631853338?hash=item20be4fc91a&item=140631853338&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&fb_source=message

thanks to bigblockford79 for getting me the link :thumbsup:

Going to trim the rest of bed quarters and bumpstop it for 2" uptravel then go from there.. comanche.gif

What's going on with the tailgate? That has to be a quality story.

Willy

well good sir kinda is.

Hauling logs out the back 40 for this winters firewood, tailgate down, not off, thought to pull it but no it be ok, lol, well even loaded full and logs sticking passed tailgate, I still managed to back up into a damn tree and the tree slid between all the logs on the truck and still take out the tailgate, I knew I should of taken it off, what I get for not listening to myself the first time. lesson learned. :doh:

grinded calipers in order to fit 15" wheel so that I could make Dog Party, 1/2 ton brake setup not be here on time, so once on took it for a test drive,

found my turning radius was less then before, :nuts:

had to stop bro notice my diff squirting lube, :eek:

not as bad as was thinking, just a ring gear bolt backed out and sheared the head off it, even had locktite on them but whatever... so went through all bolts and added more locktite and re-torque.

installed new O2 sensor, keep up the good gas mileage :fish:

replaced left side brake line with 36" one, and got ChopperGar a Dog Party gift, a fire extinguisher. :rotfl2:

before cut the front section of bed side and after they were cut for clearance.

Now my bro has to play catch up so wanted a before pic next to mine, as he be ordering a 6.5" LA system from RC and putting it up on 35's. So here's that, this same bro that I wheeled with in AL and he had the Toyota truck. He has a 68 FJ-40 he is restoring so needed something to play with that he can scratch. :yes:

buddy Dune Coon teaser shot of his XJ work. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
well good sir kinda is.

:huh???:

willy asked me about my story on the tailgate, and said it had to be a quality story, and.... "Well good Sir, kinda is".... kinda a quality story in deed good sir.

but thats nothing compared to putting it head on to a tree going 50mph+. more details later, happened couple months ago, split tcase from driveshaft bent front leaf spring drivers side. :C

Also picked up a 88 MJ from Washington and is in great shape and is now my baby so I can beat on my trail rig and pamper my DD MJ. comanche.gif

• 3 weeks later...

up date kinda late but back in feb I lost draglink to pitman arm and lost steering control going 60mph down the road,bent front leaf and push driveshafts back into tcase splitting it. :( just after I did tranny swap 4 days prior.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't gotten my rig up here yet but did manage to get out to wheel with some of the local guys. Hit one trail and lasted most of the day. lots of winching was done. Was one of the muddy trails, hitting up more rock trails later this month and looking forward to getting the rig up here and taken it out. comanche.gif

250652_4268122506432_1499434231_n.jpg

484254_4268121866416_735298246_n.jpg

581252_4268121386404_661723645_n.jpg

598348_4268122146423_665369903_n.jpg

My girl had a blast riding in the XJ and she is a big fan of mud.

545392_4268120946393_947506872_n.jpg

I rode with Todd in the jeep buggy and tasted some mud. :thumbsup:

179934_4268122746438_1588621013_n.jpg

lets just say we spent 3hrs just on this 1/4 mile stretch. :eek: Can't say I would have took my jeep through it. The buggy had had no problem of course he had a propane injected big block with a stacker case. So yeah I rode in the good jeep but still was pulling winch most of the day for the others. :yes: It was a blast, and so much more to wheel as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...