• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with all the gang signs in pictures of you? Lol.

not gang signs man, that be the west coast shocker! :brows:

2 in the pink 1 in the stink.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBnQS298WexLX39ItqK6xa16jVRs3uS5ZE231jPk6y9u3BSwnCew

Ah...few pages back was a different sign, or so i thought. Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a good woman if she'll let you do jeep wiring in bed. :teehee:

I think I understand wiring alot better now. Had help with harness from this link... XJ dash harness to rear MJ harness wiring

So got the dash in and heater, So worked on the steering wheel as in 95 they use a better steering column so the mounting is different vs the later 89 MJ column.

this was the 95 XJ mount notice smaller mounting bolts as well as it is an inch closer to the fire wall. So you can drill out all the spot welds and weld it back on you firewall easy enough, or just weld on new bracket on the column as the 95 XJ column has all the electronics by the wheel and wires run external of the column not internal like the 89 MJ.

buddy making the welding look easy. :naughty:

mounted and make it look good.

got the carpet in and center console, little trim work left then seats.

So then got the steering box frame section reinforced up a bit and have a steering box brace on its way and will be getting a JCR Offroad steering box inner spacer just cause I don't feel like making one of those up. So after getting that welded up the woman went to town and painted the engine bay with some rust stopper paint and I will go over everything again with some black paint.

and this bottom part will be the start of a box skid like you see on a YJ/TJ.

So tomorrow check list is degrease engine and trans and change remain seal and valvecover gasket, then need to replace the headed as it has been welded once and is majorly cracked again so need to just replace it for decent on to hold me over till I hit the lottery and get me a borla setup. ;) and then hopefully get the brackets switched out on the seat and get them installed. Then should have engine harness installed in engine bay as well.

well ran into some issues with header and intake removal, so in light of it going to do some preventive maintenance and just have the head fluxed and machined. Cleaned up a little today and got some stuff out of the way. so to machine shop tomorrow and get back next week so now being as I have some time going to swap seat brackets and get seats in and cab buttoned up. DO remain seal and auto trans filter. and steering brace came in so install that as well.

:(

rig got some sunshine today. getting close oh so close!

tcase back on and ready to drop in tomorrow.

rugged ridge brace

Well got to take it for a short test drive last night. :yes:

new shoes on

Headed out now to finish seat install and button a few things up and should be good to go. And going to be in upper 60's today so couldn't ask for a better day to finish it up.

well same day as locking myself out of the rig, I lost the only key at dinner that same night, so further more had to improvise. :dunno:

but was able to take it on a good shake down run and I was very impressed with how nicely everything worked and held together. Girl and I had a good time with my buddy leading the way.