new tool for the shop, will be of good use. upgrade from my pancake :yes:

my new trans, AX-15 external slave, centerforce clutch. :D

well started tearing the rear apart tonight and working on comp cutting the rear to make room for the 42's. jamminz.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you blackout drunk when you cut that?!

Oh yeah, it'll fold like a taco.

what you talking about?

what i talking about?

The cut on the passenger side looks okay, but the drivers side is jagged and crooked. What is your plan to enclose the rear? Do you plan on running uni-body stiffeners? Are you stretching the rear axle back? If so, how far?

Were you blackout drunk when you cut that?!

Oh yeah, it'll fold like a taco.

what you talking about?

what i talking about?

The cut on the passenger side looks okay, but the drivers side is jagged and crooked. What is your plan to enclose the rear? Do you plan on running uni-body stiffeners? Are you stretching the rear axle back? If so, how far?

wow man, you disappoint me.

if you read some, I'm sure I have in there some where about the those type of answers you seek, however somethings had not been posted yet as I was just getting the pics up, been to busy to type out to much, so I'll go over it again to save some people from reading, i will be running fully plated frame, with internal cage, as rear air shocks will be integrated to it in the back, and cuts do no matter son, when you are not done, will be running tube along the rear cuts cleaning it up and making a set of tube fenders in a sense, i will be stretching the wheelbase to around 115", as have to when running a 42" tire. be swapping in an AX-15 external drive with a 231/231 doubler set up, this is to make way for the later up date of a SBC swap, be running D60 front 5.13's (locked, how? unsure yet), with a 14 bolt rear shaved and spooled disk brake conversion, running a 3 link set up in front and a 1 link (grader ball/heim) set up in the rear. Full belly skid and rear drive-line skid possible with the 1 link set up. so as of right now that is where i sit and that the basic plan that i ended up at. Time-line-there is none so don't ask, time does not matter when building something to last and right from the start. money/cost- I'd be done if i had some.

yep well, XJ is gone, picking up a yj frame and 5.3 Vortex on Friday. :yes: :yes:

Worse than Pat. :shake:

Rob L. :D

Agreed.

So you planning on selling that AX-15 with all the external slave parts...? :brows: keep me in mind if you are. I NEED that complete setup, I've got two transmissions that are waiting for it.

yep well, XJ is gone, picking up a yj frame and 5.3 Vortex on Friday. :yes: :yes:

Agreed.

So you planning on selling that AX-15 with all the external slave parts...? :brows: keep me in mind if you are. I NEED that complete setup, I've got two transmissions that are waiting for it.

Well the trans will be mated to the V8, however the bellhousing and clutch will be swaped out and possibly the center force clutch. So will see how things pan out.

Agreed.

Well may end up so......

gaining interest for 231/231 both cases with brand new D.D. Machine doubler set up, also have wide chain conversion for the final 231 with a brand new Advance adapter S.Y.E.,42k mile AX-15 external slave, center-force 1 clutch with less then 500 miles on it

Everything is still separate, nothing is put together, looking to sell as a lot, or will separate if someone wanted just the doubler set up. I can have it put together if someone wanted to have it done up, 4byfours is the one that will handle it if so.

For the whole lot $1650.

Any interest pm me if perhaps wanted to make offers on certain thing in case I do end up selling it off or if I like you you can call me as you will have my number.

so I'm confused,

what just happened?

1. He bought a pile of parts.

2. Started putting parts together.

3. Sold everything.

4. Return to step 1 and repeat.

Willy

Mind you a still have my drivetrain and air shocks, doing same build up just on a YJ frame vs an XJ :shake:

• 1 month later...

nothing much new just sitting wanting to put this thing together, need a few more brackets then be set. Got some 4.10 gears yesterday as I will be running a 4.3 atlas II box now.

Also got rid of the H2's and got some H1's instead

just mock up for now...