MJOTM - January, 2015 - tgcj's '91 Pioneer

Happy 2015, Comanche Club! What a unique group we are... did you know that? Have a look into the depths of so many forum sites around and you'll find that what we share is very special. The members are pleasant, everybody gets along (for the most part, anyhow), and we can proudly say that what binds us all together also binds us all together AROUND THE WORLD! How about that, eh?! To start the year off right, lets have a look at one such truck from the old country. The very first Comanche to shine in the spotlight of MJOTM, 2015 is...

TGCJ’s ’91 PIONEER

YEAR/MODEL
1991 Pioneer

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE
4.0 HO

DRIVETRAIN
AX15 manual 5speed transmission, NP231J (upgraded by me, original it was a 2wd), axles from a 2.5TD with 3.73 gears and complete overhaul

COOLING
Stock

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION
Stock

SUSPENSION/STEERING
4" Trailmaster coils, Rubicon Express adjustable Trackbar, Rubicon Express Disconnects

INTERIOR
Stock with a cool steering wheel

BRAKES
Stock

LIGHTING
Stock with roof lights added

EXTERIOR
Complete rust free body with grey vinyl and black accents

WHEELS/TIRES
Alcoa aluminium wheels in 7x15 at the front and 8x15 in the back. 31x10.5 R15 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/As

MISCELLANEOUS
Self made front bumper with the help of Comanche Club, truck bed with aluminium plates, self made HiLift bracket, Flowmaster 44 exhaust system

Pre-wrap:

During:

Post-wrap:

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story
I was searching for parts for my CJ7 and found this Manche. 2 days later it was mine. The car sat about 6 years because of the transmission broke. So I got it very cheap. 2 weeks later i found a transmission with transfer case and one week more 2 axles from a 2.5TD. Then all the small parts for the brakes and the engine. So me and my friend get into the workshop and three days later it runs like new. The next three months I do all the small things and the vinyl wrapping with another friend. And about 5 months after I had bought it, it runs legal on the German streets again. Some things are still to do, but there is enough time. Big thanks to Matze and Denis and my wife!!!

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So?
CC is awesome because I get and found so many informations to get this great car back to street. It's so a great community with lot's of information and great guys. Thank you all!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Thorben, I love the look of this truck! The color is perfect and that matte finish really sets it apart. Simple lift... oversized tires... 4x4 swap... everything you've done with the truck makes sense when building a very usable and unique MJ. I totally dig it! A big tip of the hut, sir!

-Ben

Click here to view the article

Hi Guys,

now it's time to write some words. I'm Jenny, Thorben's wife. My first car was a Pickup. It was a VW Golf Caddy, and I drive with my office dress to work. Was very cool, because in Germany it's a car for working, not for driving every day and normaly just for men. In summer, I wan't to drive in privatly districts with my two dogs, go on the truckbed and look up to the sun or the stars. I Love Pickups!

This Summer, on 11.07.2014 Thorben and I getting married. Circa ten weeks before that, he said Babe we have to speak. I think OhOh what is now? He said: I want to buy another car! (we had three cars at this time) I said what kind of car honey? You know the wedding is very expensive! He let me see a photo. I said: geil!!!!!! it's a pickup ;-) I allowed him to buy that car. At the whole time, when he worked with the wonderful car, I saw his eyes. I loved him more and more. We are now eight years together and we have the same Love. US-Cars, we spend much time on US-Car-Meetings, it's always a pleasure. The atmosphere, the dress, the great cars... Whenever we have the possibilty to go on such Meetings we take the chance, go there and come home with a big fat smile on our face

I love our Jeep Commance easy to drive, great look done with much love and it's something our both hearts hang on.

The lience plate is ES-JT 117.

To do something in life, what makes fun and ignore all the people who say: oh what Freaks are that? is what life makes special and satisfied! So do what you want and live your life how you will....

I wish everybody a sunny day

Lovely Greetings Jenny

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...