Mjotm - April, 2014 - Blue Xj's '88 Longbed

Back to business as usual... It's that time of year (or so I hear from the warmer states anyhow) that things are thawing, the trees are blooming, and things are getting that familiar green color again. I think there's plenty of us that can't help but feel like winter has gone on long enough! I know I miss the feel of cleaning up the yard, going for a bike ride, or just enjoying the outdoors... you know green stuff! What better way to enjoy this month than to treat ourselves with something... well... REALLY GREEN?!

BLUE XJ'S '88 LONGBED!!!

052c488edb91e5a57abc71957838b8be.jpg

17af79d79772683c5b8e5a9479f97888.jpg

82f0b79a7c5b3a3c80e32a2cf1b8bfd9.jpg

58e8375cac0a09d1de0aef9a6ef2abe7.jpg

I laughed for a solid minute on the XJ and RC together. Awesome build, and even more incredible you started from a bare bones frame. Couldn't help but notice an upper control arm missing on that XJ, though. There a story behind that? Those tube flares combined with the rock sliders is brilliant. 

One awesome Longbed XJ Cherokee!

I laughed for a solid minute on the XJ and RC together. Awesome build, and even more incredible you started from a bare bones frame. Couldn't help but notice an upper control arm missing on that XJ, though. There a story behind that? Those tube flares combined with the rock sliders is brilliant.

One awesome Longbed XJ Cherokee!

Its a 3 link setup on the front. Only one upper, the upper is actually longer than the lowers, it gives tons of suspension travel.  The little RC one wheels pretty good too, I saw the body for it at a hobby shop and had to pick it up.  I have one that matches my old Blue XJ as well.

Thanks for picking me, I'm honored to be the featured rig this month!  I just looked at my build thread, it's been a while since I've updated it, but I haven't really done anything to it in the last few years.   It has on board air now, and some parts have been replaced, but thats about it.

There sure are a lot of them, but I thought it was a clean way to control everything I have added.  The only one I could get rid of would be the interior light one, but I didn't want to pull a fuse when I ran without doors.

The ones in front of the shifter are for the following

Spool In / Spool Out for Winch

Interior Lights

Fog Lights

Rear Cargo / Bed Lights

On Board Air Compressor

Power / Safety For Winch

The ones in the old ashtray position are

Front ARB

ARB Compressor

Rear ARB

• 2 weeks later...