The CHIEF....7.5" lift and 33's...rewire and wire cleanup

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. :D

Wanted to go that route but got over ruled.

On a side note, I think it would look good if you could somehow attach some black mesh behind the grille to keep from seeing all the stuff behind it.

And another side note, did the waggy's only have chrome? Would like to see what an all black one would look like.

Anyway, keep going. Your doing great. jamminz.gif

And another side note, did the waggy's only have chrome? Would like to see what an all black one would look like.

here's a pic of my old cherokee. Its no show jeep but it gives you an idea. Oh. and as far as I know they all came in chrome. Mine was spray bombed.

here's a pic of my old cherokee. Its no show jeep but it gives you an idea. Oh. and as far as I know they all came in chrome. Mine was spray bombed.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Even though I like it, I think on an all black rig it may be pushing it a little.

However it would totally rock on a white rig. jamminz.gif

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

Well an update....couple weeks ago i finally finished up my headgasket swap and shes back on the road... :cheers:

Welded the rear shock mounts on last night so i could finally toss the blown out stockers i had for temps...now i have a clunk from the rear... :fs1: ...think its b/c the shocks are mounted upside down....ill check into that today

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just read through the whole thread, good work man, alot of useful info to. How does the truck feel at 7.5"? I need to look into AMC4x4 .I'm a fan of the Glassworks to,is AMC4x4 a dealer? I wonder how 33x10.5x15 on 4" BS and a 4.5" lift would fit.

Just read through the whole thread, good work man, alot of useful info to. How does the truck feel at 7.5"? I need to look into AMC4x4 .I'm a fan of the Glassworks to,is AMC4x4 a dealer? I wonder how 33x10.5x15 on 4" BS and a 4.5" lift would fit.

It rides awesome compared to when it was 4.5" w/no control arm drops. No AMC4x4 is a used parts junkyard that deals only in jeeps. I have a personal friend that works there and get me really good deals on everything i need. No they are not a dealer of glassworks, my buddy used to have a connection to the dealer but he no longer does @ the moment...only the excess stuff he has laying around

It rides awesome compared to when it was 4.5" w/no control arm drops. No AMC4x4 is a used parts junkyard that deals only in jeeps. I have a personal friend that works there and get me really good deals on everything i need. No they are not a dealer of glassworks, my buddy used to have a connection to the dealer but he no longer does @ the moment...only the excess stuff he has laying around

Drop Brackets are definately the way to go w/short arms, ahh long arms. I never see Glassworks for sale, oh well.

• 1 year later...
Well i was forced to let the XJ go in favor of a vehicle with better MPG so now all my attention will be 100% focused on getting the MJ back on the road...

Need to fix now:

-Replace head gasket: Leaking oil on the passenger side of the block between the head and block

-Replace rear main seal AGAIN...suppose i didnt do it correct the first time

-Re-seal the output flange on the t/c..leaking fluid due to old seal

-Weld on the rear shock mounts and install new shocks

-Get hardware kit for my RockKrawler steering and install it

-Install and wire up the Waggy front header

Dang it never seems to end LOL :roll:

The oil running down from the head can fool you into thinking the rear seal is leaking. Ditto on the oil pressure sending unit. I fixed mine just before midnight on Y2K and was mad to see oil again. It was the sender the whole time! It blew off on the highway 2 days later

• 3 months later...