The CHIEF....7.5" lift and 33's...rewire and wire cleanup

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a badass chief id like to find one. how is the soa kit with the shock on top of the rear springs?

i only ran it that way for about 2 days....just till i got my shocks mounts and new shocks in stock....the mounts are welded to the tubes now and running longer shocks...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow...what a mess underneath...

The 02/CTS/Knock sensor wires were all frayed about 6" up the harness and touching each other...also the "sensing" wire and knock wires that are supposed to be shielded to prevent signal interference were completely exposed so i had to rewrap all those and solder in new wires to all these pigtails.

Got the entire harness cleaned up and retapped...Going to install a H.O. fuel rail cover to help clean up the injector harness on top of the manifold

Next on the list:

-H.O. wire harness cover

-Emissions

-Rock rails

-Install power steering cooler

-find my 10 slot grill

• 2 weeks later...

finished up the wiring the other day....ill post some pics up tomorrow but what a huge mess....installed a H.O. fuel harness cover to help the top of the motor clean up and not look so cluttered.

Also installed a new I.A.C. and now my idle come back to normal after applying some throttle!