The CHIEF....7.5" lift and 33's...rewire and wire cleanup

Eh...ground clearance w/these brackets has never been an issue w/ me and my trucks...had them on my 92XJ that was a rockcrawler and never got hung up...must be lucky :brows:

i picked the brackets and all associated hardware only yesterday...passed on the UCA/LCA and the perches were gone...just gunna use them for a while until i can finally afford my LONGARMS...thats the goal...brackets are only temporary...pics up later

Update 9/16/07:

Got everything for the front ready..bought some Pro-comp ES3000 for a cherokee w/6" lift for $30 for the pair of fronts and they are only 1 month old..and got the rear perches

:D ...Love them great deals...now i just need to weld the up and I'm ready to rock and roll

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...been awhile since i updated...here's the recent scoop:

I have been playing around with some other things and the lift is just sitting in the garage waiting for a free weekend to install it...I'm waiting on some funds to buy the cross-over steering kit from "lead-not-follow" and that will be going on too...i plan on using my Adj lower arms and stock uppers with the brackets but got a great deal on some fixed Rubicon Express UCA and fixed Pro-comp LCA (going on the XJ) for $65 shipped, and got my RK trackbar so hopefully i can finally get going on this and get it done!

Pics will be up before, during and after install :cheers:

• 2 months later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:

Finally got off my lazy @$$ yesterday and got some work done:

-Drop brackets installed

-RE UCA's installed

-RE 3.5 springs installed

-Shocks in

all thats left is to adj my lowers to set the caster angle correctly...put on my RK trackbar and bracket, rear shackles and set everything up for my SOA

my digi cam wasnt around so i only got one shot of the jeep in progress taken from my cellphone:

I know and after i finish up with all the lift stuff i still have to change F/R axle fluids out b/c I'm finally done with the break-in period with the new gears, pull the tail cone off the t-case and reseal it and re-fill and change my oil..LOL

It never ends...LOL

yea u are lucky you started with 4.10's....wish i would have but hey all my seals and bearings plus gears and lockers are all new now so i don't have to worry about any of that for a while now... jamminz.gif

yea u putting those 36's on especially with the 2.5L you would need some 4.88 LOL....

well i had some 4.5" coils but didnt want to lift the front up 6.5" then when i do my SOA only get 5" ya know LOL...so i talked with "bhorocks" and he had some 3.5 RE so we traded...so i am running the RE 3.5 coils with my ACOS for a rough total of 5"..if my SOA nets any higher ill just turn my ACOS down to get it level

when i get everything else done ill be sure to snap a pic for ya CW so you can see how it sits...sound good :cheers:

SO MANY FLIPPIN PROBLEMS:

Got my RK adj TB and drop bracket in but seem to not be tall enough for the bar...here's what happend

After i installed everything and set it back on the ground it sat only 1/2" taller than b4....so today i went out and spun my ACOS down 1 1/4 and i still can't get my TB in the correct location... :headpop: I think I'm just gunna have to buy new coils b/c i think these have sagged some and i should just have stayed with my 4.5" but oh well.... :hateputers:

well i finally got the MJ back on the ground and pulled it in the street to get a pic of it 90% completed!!! All thats left is to:

-SOA the rear

-Adj my caster (only have 5*)

-Adj my JKS discos

sorry for the bad/small pic...digi cam is missing and it was raining!!! I Know in AZ how weird :nuts:

• 2 weeks later...

Well i thought the MJ was almost done then i came home today to find the drivers side floor was completly soaking wet... :headpop: pulled the carpet up to find out after the rain storm yesterday i developed a water leak that now has caused me to rip out all the interior (carpet, seats, all mouldings and the console)...i have to sand the floor down, prime and then i will put some liner down then re-install my interior...

What else can go wrong :roll: :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

YAY...made some progress the past couple days:

-put in the daystar rear shackles...gave me just over an 1" so the trucks level

-sanded the d/s floor inside and outside and preped then painted them...will be por-15'in the floor inside and undercoating the outside tomorrow or Sunday..

-did some electrical work near the fusebox area to help seal out water

finally the MJ project is moving in the correct direction :D

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATES:

-Got the water barrier stuff put on the floor and some new padding under the carpet

-installed the carpet

-all the plastic trim back in

-seatbelts installed

all thats left is to put the dash bezel back on, install the seats and center console, re-install my posi-lok lever and put my amp/subs back in and ITS DONE....FINALLY jamminz.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here are the long awaited pics of my MJ at 7.5" lift and new 33*12.5 R15 BFG A/T

Poser shots:

Shot of the D/B, RE UCA, Procomp Adj LCA, Skyjacker springs, ACOS, procomp shocks and skyjacker brake lines:

Fabtech bedmounted spare:

SOA setup (new longer shocks getting mounted to the tubes later):

Rock Krawler steering:

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :cheers: :cheers: