The CHIEF....7.5" lift and 33's...rewire and wire cleanup

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna say it is because they obstruct the lighing, some BS like that or something.

:roll: Eh my dads been a police officer for 20+ years...i asked him and he just said leave them on... jamminz.gif

AZ to MI.....think about it? MI SUCKS.

So were my tube doors, but still got :thumbsup: from the police going down the highway with my kid in the MJ.

Well, we were talking about headlight guards, but then you brought up tube doors. :D

• 2 months later...

Well i was forced to let the XJ go in favor of a vehicle with better MPG so now all my attention will be 100% focused on getting the MJ back on the road...

Need to fix now:

-Replace head gasket: Leaking oil on the passenger side of the block between the head and block

-Replace rear main seal AGAIN...suppose i didnt do it correct the first time

-Re-seal the output flange on the t/c..leaking fluid due to old seal

-Weld on the rear shock mounts and install new shocks

-Get hardware kit for my RockKrawler steering and install it

-Install and wire up the Waggy front header

Dang it never seems to end LOL :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a pic of the booster/master combo installed with the new lines i made:

and i also did a guage swap too, had to replace my speedo cable in the process b/c i broke it:

How did you do the guage swap is it already to just plug in or do you have to wire up a bunch of sensers and do some wiring or what oh and by the way TNT crosmember with Rock Krawler Long Arm set up cause TNT reinforces your crossmember better and rock Krawler flexez better!!

There is more support on the "frame-pocket" and the LCA mount than on a cherokee...i have wheeled mine with no problems...ill eventually fab something up but they are not needed...my buddy BHOROCKS had them on his MJ and wheeled the crap out of it and never had anything wrong.... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got an update:

i got the head/intake/exhaust manifold sitting in my garage all cleaned up along with the block waiting to go back together...Right now I'm "re-wiring" some connections i did awhile back...in a quick fix i used "butt-connectors" on my IAC, MAP and KNOCK sensor..so i pulled those out and soldered and heatshrunk all the connections back to factory so now maybe they will work LOL.

Gotta install my gaskets, bolt down the head with my new head bolts and plug everything in, do an oil change and then the rest of my list and shes ready to rock-n-roll....Man do i miss driving it :cry:

Did get the WAGGY front clip installed jamminz.gif

How do the 33/12.5s work with 4:10s and a five speed? would you recommend 4:56s?
I had 33's with 4.56 at one time and it was way too much gear for them. I now run 35's with the 4.56's and it is perfect.

Thanks, every time this is asked on NAXJA they'll say 4:56 cuz 90% of them are running autos.

• 2 weeks later...