• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New pic as of 6/07:

Seat covers make such a difference:

My M.O.R.E. steering brace installed:

had to modify my bumper bracket to get the big bolt for the brace through the frame

And my ACOS installed:

• 1 month later...

Update: progress on the MJ since the last postings;

-installing my rockkrawler trackbar bracket and rod end

-installing my drop pitman arm...to compensated for the drop trackbar bracket

-finally started on my +96 dual diaphram booster and master swap..99% done..have to wire the brake light switch and bleed the brakes

-washed it jamminz.gif with my luck it will rain

Some things happening this weekend;

-ordering my Rockkrawler long-arm kit finally :D

-getting my 4.10 LSD 8.8 and installling w/ longarms soon :D

(i picked up an 8.8 install kit (MORE brand) for $4.00 :eek:

-ordering my winch (8000lb)

-mounting my 33*12.50 R15 Wrangler MTR's at work

also might be selling my Dodge 4x4 and buying either a 89 lifted XJ or a 90 lifted XJ...ill keep ya posted

Pics to come soon of the booster swap

YEAH!!! The booster/master swap is complete...i decided to leave the MJ proportioning valve in just b/c it would have been more of a hassle to replace it...brakes are 200% better than b4..i highly recomend it to anyone thinking of doing it and running anything taller than 31...ill post up pics of everything swapped tomorrow... :D

When you did the booster swap was the rod the same size as the OG MJ one or did you have to shorten it? I was going to swap in the booster from my 99 parts rig and the rod seems to be about 1" longer. Think I may have to pick up a 96 booster.

i followed the write up on the MADDXJ site...i used a 96 booster w/ the aluminum spacer and it was a direct swap..i had to change the sleeve insert on the brake rod where the bolt goes through but that was it...very simple and I'm very happy with the results :D any other questions just lemme know

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Picked up my 4.5" RE coils today for $30 :D

Image Not Found

Aug 30 it goes to the shop for gears...here's the story with them

D30: 4.10 R&P, Quickloc, seal and bearing rebuild, 297X outer joints

D44: 4.10 R&P w/tracloc, seals and bearing

all that and install price was $1100...good deal?? everything is new parts except the D30 locker which i already had

Met a local XJ'r who came to trade me tires, my 33" MTR's for his 32" Kuhmo M/T and cash and we got to talking about lifts...hes going longarms and i talked him into selling me his RE drop brackets, braces, adj upper and lowers and MORE D44 antiwrap spring perches for my SOA for $300 :D

All thats left is F/R brake lines, front shocks, longer adj trackbar (RK) and other odds and ends...hopefully it be done soon and ill get pics of everything up soon of course

Then i will buy my TnT longarms when i save the money :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Well this morning i took the MJ down to the shop to have the lockers and new gears installed :D Only thing that sucked was i couldnt drive it all day :cry: but i had the XJ so its was half-way ok....

Got the call about an hour ago and went to pick it up and WOW what a difference...went from 3.07 to 4.10 on my 32's and totally woke the truck up...had him install a Trac-Loc out back and my Loc-Rit up front...have to wait 500mi to take it offroad but i can't wait to get her back on the trails :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Well its official...i bought the Drop brackets, LCA, UCA, SOA perches to get mine to 5.5" :D :D :D

Ill post up some pics in the next couple days of all my stuff and after i start to install them....it will be a couple days...gotta finish my g/f dad heap first... :roll: