Welcome to the new site!

Alexia

is there only one layout option? i want the sub-silver or whatever it was called option back. i don't like the green. otherwise the change is good. a lot of options now in regards to profile and such.

I turned on the default IP.Board skin. It might be to your liking, maybe not, let us know.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were did all these members come from?

Didn't we just have 5300ish yesterday? 12,473?! Must be the new site drawing all the added interest. :dunno:

That is including all invalid members in the count. Guess we might need to go on a pruning spree.

I, personally, love it! I'm sure there are some kinks to be worked out still. However, IPB is a much better platform to work with, I think. Looking forward to what's to come. :thumbsup:

:banana: This guy used to be my favorite. And now I have him again!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

EDIT: First thing I've noticed, the only BB codes for smilies do not seem to work. Old threads have the :yes: code, but no emoticon. :dunno:

we're getting there. it's going to be a process to iron out issues and get it to act more like the old forums. :thumbsup:

I added in a question for new sign ups. I'm assuming that should cut down on spammers, though I'm not certain what was in place before. I just know it said there were 0 questions.

Every time I log on, I check the forums and sub forums, and click only the topics that interest me. The rest that I don't care to view, I then use the mark read button so that I won't have to see them pop up in bold, and so that next time I'm on, I can see where there are new and potentially relevant topics. its a reset button so that I know the next time what's new, so that I can look at it in a concise organized fashion rather than the unorganized hell that is the new topics button

Very good work Alexia!

Last year I converted 3500 mailboxes in sendmail to Exchange 2010, and I was also able to convert their sent mail, contacts and inboxes. I really appreciate what you have done here keeping our history intact, and I also appreciate that being the Architect of change can sometimes seem unappreciated. Please know that I appreciate what you have done, and I am impressed at how easy you made it seem.

Joe

Yep, great job. Kudos to Alexia.

Another small thing I notuced: When not logged in, the time of post stamp reads

Posted Today, 09:04 PM
+5 Hours

After logging in the time of post reads

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

My profile is set to CDT. What time zone is the forum set to?

Hello Paradise,

Look at the top right on the screen where you see your user name click, and you will see your user profile, click your avatar to change. I just upgraded my Mac Mini Server from Lion to Mountain Lion, and I am getting many questions from my users....I am having a great time digesting all the new features, and can hardly wait to see all the new features with this upgrade.

the "mark community read" feater doesn't seem to work, anyways.

The only thing that works is on the phone. When viewing on mobile, click the options box in the top right corner, there is a mark all forums button. I've been using that for the time being.

Rob

Thanks for all of your time Alexia.

I just pretty much hate this new forum. until things work right, at least. I've been getting so frustrated because I HATE using my phone to type on forums or search on forums, and to do anything here I have to hit refresh for every drop-down box or just to click on something.