Welcome to the new site!

Alexia

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexia-I hope you hearing all of the good stuff we are saying about you and your work on this site. I'm a techie guy (though no forum hosting experience) and I know how much work goes on to get things set up and running. It can be a full time job. so thank you.

I'm still not able to find my bookmarked threads. Am I missing something simple? Have I missed your answer?

Thanks

I'm not getting email notifications when there are new posts to threads I'm subscribed to. All my notification option settings are set correctly. Any ideas?

Did you make sure to also hit the "Auto follow topics I reply to" and select "Immediate" in the bar above the "Topics and Posts" section in your settings? As well as saving changes at the bottom?

Rob

Rob, it just started working this afternoon for some reason. I double checked my notification settings a few times. Maybe I had initially forgotten to save changes or something trivial like that. But all is good and appears to be working now. Thanks!

Is there away to change the search results to be more similar to the old forums? It's difficult to find results in the new format. When you click on the preview it shows the first post and only part of the post that may contain the search que (out of three searches my search terms were not even in the previews). It seems the preview is the first sentence of the post and often that's not where the answer is, secondly Its a PITA to have to click on each search result to view a preview.

Showing just the title is pretty much worthless as alot of times peoples titles are so ambiguous that what's discussed in the forum maybe very relevant to what I'm searching for, but I'm gong to skip over it because the title is blah, whereas before it would list the results in the forum with about a sentence before and after my found words. This allowed me to read a sentence and know the context of the forum and also better decide if my answer would be in there.

Found my own answer. If you click the settings for search (gear next to search) you can select display results as posts.

I'd like to be able to get results by post as the default, but atleast I can search the forums like before.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the new content tab but did I lose all my history of posts with the upgrade? That was my main tool on this site and if I lost that I will not be happy with this upgrade. what was wrong with the last setup I liked that was simple and easy to use, theres to much going on on this new site with chat on top the page and all this settings I have to change just to elimanate the more of too much stuff going on content. Pete please don't buy into the fashion!

an upgrade was sorely needed. Even if we were able to keep phpbb and update it to the modern version, there would be plenty of changes we'd need to adapt to. give it time and I'm sure we'll all get used to it. :thumbsup: there were the same growing pains when we switched from the yahoo groups. :(

the chat will disappear if you hover the mouse near the upper right corner of the chatbox and click the little minus sign that pops up. :yes: or if you click on the "comanches" subforum rather than staying on the main page's "comanche club forums"

an upgrade was sorely needed. Even if we were able to keep phpbb and update it to the modern version, there would be plenty of changes we'd need to adapt to. give it time and I'm sure we'll all get used to it. :thumbsup: there were the same growing pains when we switched from the yahoo groups. :(

the chat will disappear if you hover the mouse near the upper right corner of the chatbox and click the little minus sign that pops up. :yes: or if you click on the "comanches" subforum rather than staying on the main page's "comanche club forums"

well it took me this long to find this thread again. just need a tour day and just find out where everything is. and figure out the damn settings. Thanks Pete, and need some stickers wheres that thread?

So I got the new content tab but did I lose all my history of posts with the upgrade? That was my main tool on this site and if I lost that I will not be happy with this upgrade. what was wrong with the last setup I liked that was simple and easy to use, theres to much going on on this new site with chat on top the page and all this settings I have to change just to elimanate the more of too much stuff going on content. Pete please don't buy into the fashion!

Make sure to click "Items that I participated" and "Last year" for the time range. Then you should see a lot more. The default is to show new content within the last 24 hours that you have not read.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...