H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

All I have to say about this whole build is hot damn it is the best Mj I have ever seen built! Would love to see it in person some day, maybe a wheeling trip to walker valley is in your future, would love to show u around there for a good day or days of wheeling.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say you are one of the best from scratch fabricators I have seen. In both the design and execution. You stuff is so well thought out and clean it is truly art that you have accomplished on your rig. I really hope one day to see it in person. (who knows.... My youngest sister and her husband just re-located from Portland to Spokane...might yet happen.)Amazing truck (and amazing talent) man I love looking at it.

If you make it up here to visit them PM me and we will make it happen.

Thanks for the compliments, I must give a ton of credit to Wes Hepp on this build...he is the true fabricator, I just dabble and constantly challenge him for a unique artistic look.

Gotta say you are one of the best from scratch fabricators I have seen. In both the design and execution. You stuff is so well thought out and clean it is truly art that you have accomplished on your rig. I really hope one day to see it in person. (who knows.... My youngest sister and her husband just re-located from Portland to Spokane...might yet happen.)Amazing truck (and amazing talent) man I love looking at it.

He could probably make a DIY kit for around $300. You would get pre broke base with holes, bent tube, and stand-offs. You would have to drill bed, install threaded rivits, and weld it all together...

If anyone is seriously interested pm me and I can have him figure out exact price and such....

You should go into production with those! They are awesome.

Have you thought about selling all of the torch works and CNC CAD drawings as a way for others to take them to their local shops to have the parts made? I would be willing to buy them and have them made here for my comanche. It would save a lot of money on shipping and handling for the bigger parts.

It would be a great way to re-coup some of your build expenses and help others use some of your ideas on their own rigs. Or you and Wes could start a company making these parts as an after market parts source :) build by order type deal. I have a plan to use chassis stiffeners and would love something like what zone off road did on their rig in kit form. 

I'm so bad about pictures. I did just get a GOPRO, and still only took 1 short video (I know, I SUCK!). I'll see if I can figure out how to upload it.

Glad to hear it went well. Hope to see some more wheeling pictures from your trip.

That is my buddy Luke's 1st gen Toyota. Very nice, very clean truck... Linked in front with Bilstien coilovers and bumps. chevy 63 rears, tucked drivetrain flush to frame, in cab cage, 3.4liter, turbo 5 speed, dual cases, rear 4.7....

Kate took the Jeep to work today...I have this underlying stress this morning. I guess its probably how she felt the first time I took the kids to do something without her :laughin:

It takes a lot to watch my love drive away, and Kate too. Oh my!.......haha.

Lol I have same feeling when woman takes my rig. She loves the looks and whristles she gets when diving it with the doors off. Lol

But by chance do you have a rough idea and weight of your rig, packed for trail that is.?

I am not sure, rough guess trail ready would be 5000 range. I actually need to do a small dump run, I'll just use the bed instead of my little trailer. On way out I'll be able to see the weight and let you know what it weighs without tools, trail gear, camping gear at least.

Lol I have same feeling when woman takes my rig. She loves the looks and whristles she gets when diving it with the doors off. Lol
But by chance do you have a rough idea and weight of your rig, packed for trail that is.?

I was wondering if your buddy who does Fabrication would consider offering rear side armor like you have that wraps around and uses a flat style tail light. Nobody offers this and I want one bad.  A buddy of mine has the same deal on his TJ but had a shop make it out of aluminum to save weight......