H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I got this Youtube link to work. Here is the MJ on some one and a half deep or so whoops at the dunes. (FYI...guy in side by side was asked to wait, but wouldn't....but hey it shows my jeep can turn while ripping the whoops...lol)

So, my trip changed up a bit. We were about to leave Truckee Sunday night to head to Lincoln to say hi to my Parents and sister, after that we were going to run up the coast through cali and into Oregon. Then cut across to Tillamock to hit Browns camp for a final day of wheeling before heading home.

But......Sunday after loading we brought Micah and Corey to dinner before heading out. While sitting eating I got a call from Kate. She was sitting on the side of the road on hwy 18 in the Yukon broke down. She got a tow from there all the way home. I felt I needed to get home and make sure everything was ok, and Yukon is fixed. The kids were a little upset sitting on side of the road and Kate stressed after they waited nearly 2 hours for a tow truck.

So Brandon and I bombed home Sunday night and into Monday. I must say I was pretty impressed with the MJ. We averaged a solid 75-80 mph the whole way. (got a video I'm trying to download, I suck at this kind of stuff).

Anyway got home looked at the Yukon and concluded it needs new Catalytic converters (ya 2, f-ing exspensive). They will be here Friday....and she should be good to go.

Well in all that I am now home and sitting around waiting on parts so Brandon and I are bringing the XJ up to Evans creek today for its maiden voyage since I purchased it.

I'll post up on other thread how it does tonight.

Great trip, even though it was cut short. We had a blast and I am VERY proud of the MJ. Drove it from Wa to Ca, drove it hard at the dunes, and ran the toughest part of Fordyce in both direction, and played on the Rubicon, after all that I bombed it home. There were 0 issues the whole time!! To me that says a ton about the MJ. SOLID!

Cheers, J

Congrats on the expedition. Had you reported that your truck had issues or let you down...I would be shocked.

I really look forward to the day I get to see it and meet you in person.

outstanding truck man.

B.

Well Kate and I were on a Sunday drive today. We cruised up through Tacoma to look at furniture and car lots. While cruising down South Tacoma Way I looked in my rear view mirror to see flashing lights. I was getting PULLED OVER!!!

Crap I thought, got the little butterflies thinking what I possibly did wrong (well besides only running my mudflaps when it rains and it was not raining). Well anyway, pulled over, and got my license out, and was getting my reg. and ins. card out as officer approached the door. Handed him the I.D. and he simply handed it back and said he didn't need it. At this point I think he might have had a slight grin, knowing what he was up to and me not knowing. He played it out a second longer commenting on my lack of mudflaps......then finally says "I'm a friend of Williams, I have seen a bunch of pictures of your Comanche while helping him with his" So to my very happy surprise I was just getting pulled over to allow us to meet and talk Jeeps a little. SWEET!!

He was a super nice guy and I am planning to try and meet William and him for a casual scenic run later this month. Good times, thought I would share. I hope he didn't mind ( I don't think he knew ) Kate snapped a picture so here it is. Actually now that I think about it I don't think he will mind, cause Kate took a picture of us in front of the Comanche with his phone right before he left.........and I am guessing it was sent to William immediately to tease...lol.

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy, going on a scenic wheeling run with Willy (reason46) this Saturday. For your guys sake I hope he is better about taking pictures than I am :)

I'm getting excited for Saturday already!

thats awesome, i really need to get my pass port, it seems like all the bad @$$ built rigs are 5 hours from my place,

i live right at the edge of the us border! i can see orville from where i go 4x4ing :P

one day when i get it ill try and meet up with ya'll

Hell... last time I got pulled over I think I was only let off because I knew it was coming and pulled over waiting for the cop before he even had a chance to turn his lights on. (i ran a red and he was in cross traffic waiting at a left turn heading my direction) Nice that he was a good guy!

Passenger side is Oil Cooler, drivers side is Transmission fluid cooler.

Looks great as always!

Question though, whats the 2nd cooler behind the grill for?

What are your thoughts on the oil cooler?  Does it help out quite a bit?

Thanks,

Willy

What is the make on the oil cooler set up? and same question as above... does it help out? pros-cons? your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated

I have one I bought long time back for Bucky when a stroker was on the top portion of "the list"

It is a unit by Hayden. Jury is out as to when or if it will be installed.

Honestly, my truck never had a heat issue. It has always done fine and has never overheated. I honestly can't remember the brand either. I think I just went in to Cute Rate Auto Parts and ordered one up that would fit my application. I don't have a oil temp guage so there is really no way of knowing. I just figured it couldn't hurt to have one on there.

Super excited.....I picked these up today for the MJ (Along with some new Cooper STT's) The current MJ wheels and tires will go on the family XJ wheeler.  These new one's are at powder coat now and should be mounted up by later tonight. I have always thought these would be a great wheel to bring a little old school to the MJ. Can't wait to see them mounted. Now I just have to hunt down a 5th one for a spare..