H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to stop by after I saw it sitting at the Jeep jam but when I came back by you were gone. It's crazy that I used to be in that neighborhood all the time but I never saw this beast. Glad to see you decided to keep it.

The MJ got a new friend today (2001 Cherokee Limited). I'll slowly start tearing down the other XJ and going through the good parts to put on this. Matching HIS and thHERS wheelers. The kids are gonna be stoked the family wheeler is clean... (they think Buffy smells funny...lol)

Its about time those two MJ's met up! Wheels look sick too. Wish I there was a decent amount of places to wheel around here, looks like fun.

Wow that is one clean XJ. What happened with the other one?

I'm pulling the Currie 9's and Tera case, tires/wheels, etc. out of the other xj for this xj, along with some other odds and ends. The rest will get parted out..motor, trans, interior, etc. Maybe bumpers and lift depending if I decide to go with new one's.

Its about time those two MJ's met up! Wheels look sick too. Wish I there was a decent amount of places to wheel around here, looks like fun.

Gotcha, nice clean start.

I'm pulling the Currie 9's and Tera case, tires/wheels, etc. out of the other xj for this xj, along with some other odds and ends. The rest will get parted out..motor, trans, interior, etc. Maybe bumpers and lift depending if I decide to go with new one's.

I'm really beginning to not like this guy............ :D

That's my "holy grail" XJ you have there.  Agate interior and Silver Stone exterior colors, Icons, hooks and skids, heated leather......... dayum.  Stoopid-nice Cherokee.  I consider that well-bought at $7k given it's condition and options.

I'm really beginning to not like this guy............ :D

That's my "holy grail" XJ you have there.  Agate interior and Silver Stone exterior colors, Icons, hooks and skids, heated leather......... dayum.  Stoopid-nice Cherokee.  I consider that well-bought at $7k given it's condition and options.

Thank You! And I agree, it was exactly what I wanted. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple other XJ's. I am really glad I waited till I found the exact one I wanted. I was pretty set on SILVER and LIMITED and 2000/2001. I almost picked up a Silver Classic, and I heavily considered a white limited I came across. I am surprised how long this actually took to find. I started casually looking right after getting the built XJ, then with in about a week or two upped the search when I realized I just could not drive around a beat rig (and Kate just kept saying it didn't "fit me") I think this took a good month, month and half to find. I would have to look back to see when I bought Buffy. Either way, once you know what you want it seems like it takes FOREVER to find it. I'm pretty stoked on it.

yeah the XJ, that thing is clean how many miles

130k. and had military vet plates. Notice in pics only drivers seat has any wear. I'm thinking it was well cared for. It was at a dealership so I of course got nothing as far as records.

Carfax shows 2 owners, 0 accidents. And had a very high "score".

That said, I can tell the back passenger area was a repaint. You can see a little clear coat peel around side rear window and tape line in rear passenger door well. No visible damage under vehicle or any sign of repair to rig structure or unibody. Guessing (but you never know) old guy got into a parking lot fender bender or hit his garbage can....lol.

Hey I just had a dumpster leap from out of no where and smash into the back of my neighbors Durango (I have been borrowing) myself the other day.

What was that old guy reference there bro? LOL.

not looking forward to what I will pay at the P&P for a new lift gate for that big black beast.

Great score on the XJ! where are the pics of the two of them together?

Hey I just had a dumpster leap from out of no where and smash into the back of my neighbors Durango (I have been borrowing) myself the other day.

What was that old guy reference there bro? LOL.

not looking forward to what I will pay at the P&P for a new lift gate for that big black beast.

Great score on the XJ! where are the pics of the two of them together?

That sucks, but reality is that you made my point about old guys ;)

I will get on both the pic of MJ with new wheels and a side by side. I have been busy with work, finding that XJ and doing research and ordering the parts I will be getting new for when I do axle/t-case swap and build on the 01 (disc brake conversion for rear 9inch/bumpers/skids/sliders all new). I have also been busy on my garage, making a storage space, that is also able to be closed off for my Airbrush painting I do, and also able to house the MJ so I have the 2 car bay available for parking and building the 01.

Here are a couple pics of what I worked on all this morning. Its ready for wiring plugs, some in set lighting, and light switchs and then drywall. Hope to have it done for the most part by the end of the 3 day weekend so I can start the teardown of the 98 XJ...

side view from 2 car side.

View looking in from garage door

side view from 2 car side.

I hear ya on the time it takes to find just the right XJ....... I got my screen name from my very 1st XJ, a beat up '85 that had been rattle-can painted yellow.  When that rig got wore out 'wheeling, I couldn't find another yellow one so I did a total strip down and full body paint job on a '93 using Corvette yellow.  When I traded that one off for a buggy, I went looking for an '01 in Solar Yellow for a driver/light trail rig.  Never did find one worth buying. 

...... of course after pulling the trigger on a very nice XJ in Gunmetal Pearl Metallic........ a pristine Solar Yellow one popped up on Craigs........ :fs1:

I are humbled by your greatness.

Wow man they look great together. If I were driving down the street and saw these two in a driveway, no way could I drive by without stopping and a knock on the door.

Get some black wheels bumpers and trim on that XJ will ya? (poor thing)

I are humbled by your greatness.

Wow man they look great together. If I were driving down the street and saw these two in a driveway, no way could I drive by without stopping and a knock on the door.

Get some black wheels bumpers and trim on that XJ will ya? (poor thing)

I'm working on it. Notice the XJ in garage is starting to get tore apart. I will be pulling the Currie axles and Tera case out. I'm gonna add 2 low to the Tera and disc brakes to the rear of the Currie axles, clean everything up and start the XJ build up. Will be a couple weeks till I can start.

Thank you Sir!!  Just got the wiring done last night. Plug ins, moved cable for garage door opener (future install), and ran switch and wiring for three recessed lights under loft. (look close you can see the wire hanging. Drywall, tape, mud on Thursday!

Oh as a long time veteran of remodeling honey dos, your work in the garage looks great too chief

you people with garages....yeah that.

gave up mine years ago for a family room. (Try doing anything serious to the MJ in the winter in Denver in the driveway....)

About that same time my wife got real tired of a couple of long term projects in the driveway.

59' willys pick up with the hurricane 6.

and a pumpkin capable trebuchet (cub scout project that got out of hand).

sadly got rid of both before completion.

Made the right choice though, she's a great gal that puts up with me and my crap.