H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It already has a name, Comanche.  All of my vehicles were named by the factory.

Willy

Now that's some serious "out of the box thinking" Willy....... very progressive of you.....

Actually I think of it as quite progressive and evolved not to give identities to inanimate objects.  Nor do I assign vehicles genders.  These are things, tools, objects to possess.  They do not have personalities or humanistic qualities.  At least personally they are not something to fetishize and I do not understand the need to humanize these objects.

Willy

We name other humans so that we can differentiate ourselves from others. Saying "Hey You" in a crowd isn't very effective, We give dogs and cats names so we can differentiate between them as well. If we buy 10 turtles and place them in a tank we will name them so we can start to learn their differences and eventually tell them apart. Every ship from the beginning of ocean travel until today is inanimate but it's given a name....... this is done for the same reason as above...... Trains, hurricane's and even storms are named.... again to differentiate. Here we are on a website with countless Jeeps all with the same name....... should we differentiate? .... If the need didn't exist why would the factory just not call everything a Jeep? Should history have recorded the Titanic sinking as " A ship hit an iceberg"

"Thinking of a nonhuman entity in human ways renders it worthy of moral care and consideration" someone from Harvard recently wrote this on the subject...... how many of us here have spent countless hours and resources giving our Jeeps care and consideration? But ultimately there is no correct answer, some people feel very passionate about naming their MJ's and some find it silly..... you decide if you think yours deserves it..... and like Willy says above these are my personal opinions.

Sorry I hijacked your post..... H3RESQ

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I love the MJ and am very happy with it!

Holy this was the first MJ build I followed, Then I left the jeep game, And now to see how far it's come since the last time I check this thread is amazing :rock on:

Just beautiful!! :bowdown:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

HAHA, hey guys!!  Sorry I guess the update would be.....I built her, now I'm just enjoying driving her. She has been reliable and so there is not much to update. She got a new ball joint recently and a new battery. Otherwise just fluid changes. I guess the update is....she is great. I am very happy with how she turned out. Wheels great, drives great, looks great.

But....the reality is you guys probably just want pictures..........I'll get some fresh one's up soon!!

Nice work! I really enjoyed reading your build, I like the bedsides, my truck is a Michigan truck and has the wheel well cancer, I think I may " fix" it this way... lots of cool ideas, thanks for taking the time to document it all.

nick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The MJ has been SOLD.

Thanks to everyone on here that followed my build. I have enjoyed the MJ owners on here, for both there enthusiasm and positive feedback and knowledge.  I will miss this MJ the most out of all rigs I have owned. I am on to a 4 seat rig.... time to truly introduce the kids to offroad.

Cheers, Jason

The MJ has been SOLD.

Thanks to everyone on here that followed my build. I have enjoyed the MJ owners on here, for both there enthusiasm and positive feedback and knowledge.  I will miss this MJ the most out of all rigs I have owned. I am on to a 4 seat rig.... time to truly introduce the kids to offroad.

Cheers, Jason

where is it going?  be curious to hear what you got for it, but don't expect you to tell me lol.  hopefully the new owner takes as good of care of it as you did.