H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel ya. I feel lucky too. Kate is so great about my hobby's.

I can not imagine not having a garage to work in. I am doing something for her though, I will not be doing any "fabrication" in our garage. Once you start cutting metal and welding etc. in a garage you can never really get it clean again. So, it will be bolt on only in the garage. I will just have to go to Wes's shop or some place when fabrication is needed.  I hope to make the XJ bolt on except for the chassis stiffening anyway.

you people with garages....yeah that.
gave up mine years ago for a family room. (Try doing anything serious to the MJ in the winter in Denver in the driveway....)
About that same time my wife got real tired of a couple of long term projects in the driveway.
59' willys pick up with the hurricane 6.
and a pumpkin capable trebuchet (cub scout project that got out of hand).
sadly got rid of both before completion.

Made the right choice though, she's a great gal that puts up with me and my crap.

It's easy to clean the garage... Big air compressor with bigger tank, 50ft or so of air line, straight line air blower, and an annoying grumpy old neighbors yard to blow all the metal shavings and rail dust into. Makes the soil nice and iron enriched. Then just sweep up in the drive way the rest.

... not that I've done this before though....

I'm in the same boat on Garage work..... I retired from the Navy and built a house about 4 years ago.  Put in a nice 2 car that she quickly claimed putting her 3000 GT on one side and her Mazda 6 on the other...... Next came Drywall...... paint....... blinds..... molding and 2 vents for climate control.  Other than changing oil and bolt on stuff I have to go ask my brother for use of his one stall. 

I have not received my trophy from last year. I did however, talk to them and they got my info and said they would check into it. I like this one better, last year I won in a specific category, this year I won overall for the whole show.

Interesting side note...they had a raffle as usual, I bought some extra tickets and was pretty excited when I won a $250 Metal Cloak gift certificate.....well until I opened it and actually looked at it yesterday!!  Its a $250 off on a purchase of $499 or more. That's crap for a raffle if you ask me.  Its not really a donation to the cause (trail systems for this event) if your only giving away your profit at best.

Cheers to Fast Specialtys, Bushwaker, and the others that actually GAVE AWAY products in the Raffle.

Thats awesome, did they ever get you your trophy for last year?

My buddy decided to get married on the same day as the show so I didn't get to make it this year, I guess I will have to shoot for next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, Perfect amount. Took me awhile to get the suspension dialed but it works great now. Limited to what you see there. I should have unhooked the swaybars, limit straps, and aired down for the ramp and won the competition. NEXT YEAR....

mybyjeze.jpg Mad flex bro.....

That is Seth's MJ. He is on here, I think his screen name is Set76 or something like that.

It has a full conversion, Dana 60 rear, 44 front. E-lockers at both ends, 5.13 gears, 37's on H2 wheels that were custom powdercoat/painted, Also has crossover steering and a custom front 4link/ panhard setup. Leafs in the rear, Bilstiens on all four corners. He is running my old front bumper and winch as well.

I am helping him with a rear bumper right now and bedsliders like the ones on my MJ. After those are done we will build some sliders. A 4:1 case and he will be ready for some wheeling.

Its a very nice rig, and he did all the work himself.

Hey guys thanks for the complements and screen name is set89. I've been building this comanche for about 7 years now but I'm to lazy to make a build thread. I don't want to jack Jasons thread here but I will try to be diligent about taking some build pics as he and I make the sliders and rear bumper for my MJ. I will attempt to start my own thread as well that will have some pics and my specs. Thanks and happy wheeling.

BTW any sugestions on a build name??? Perhaps "H3RESQ's Lover" LOL but probably not.

The Garage Queen? It just seems to sit in there these days....lol (I did drive it yesterday to go pick up the bumpers for the XJ from powdercoat).  I don't really have a name for the MJ. The old green XJ is Buffy, The Yukon (tow rig) is Marsha...

H3RESQ, what do you call your rig? 

Just like the stray dog that shows up on your porch and you won't let the kids give it a name..... once you name it your probably gonna keep it...... I think all rigs have a personality and I think you got yours half right..... she's definitely royalty, at least among some of us MJ owners, I would consider Victoria (Vicky) or maybe Isabella (bella) for short.... They may not have had "Garage" in their title but they were a couple of the most powerful "Queens" in history..... just something to consider....... (I would personally go with Bella, she was way hotter)....