H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, that is to funny. I talked to him just a few days ago (Friday I think) he has it on Pirate too. Nice rig but I think it is in need of a little to much TLC for me and the underside is pretty tired looking on that Grand. I either want a really nice clean built rig that was a street jeep (never offroad), or I want a stock one to build myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided I wanted to get rid of the heavy beadlocks and run something a little lighter. To keep beads on I'll run a narrow rim. Found this set of SUPER light 15x8 centerline hammers. They lasted 1 day. 2 issues, polished aluminum looks awful with my truck color, also the backspace was enough I had to run some 1" spidertrax spacers (not a big deal, but rather not run spacers). I couldn't stand looking at it so, while they just went on yesterday, they came back off today. My buddy did a quick powdercoat on the other set of rims I picked up. There a set of old Ultra's. I can not remember there name but they are the solid design that just has rivets. So they just got mounted, look great. I'll get a picture up soon. They ride much better than the DIY soft 8's and I can't believe how much of a difference you can actually feel in power.

Anyway...here is the wheels that lasted from yesterday afternoon till today...

The MJ about to get the freshly powdered Ultra's put on...

I am so glad you decided to keep your truck man, it is one of my favorites to drool over.

There are so many custom trick features it is amazing and the complete package just staggering.

Quick post the pics with the new wheels already.....

Some cold rolled steel is getting break put in it today along with precut mounting holes. Should be starting on the tubing tomorrow and mounting. Hope to have bed rails done and ready for powdercoat tomorrow. I'll try and get some pics along the way.

Well crap, they didn't get the breaks done today. So I have to wait till Monday to get my steel. Hopefully get to the bed sliders next weekend seeing as I am headed out for a trip the next weekend!!

Started the bed sliders. Had the shop press break them to match the bed line to add some extra rigidity to them. I'll hopefully get the threaded rivits in tomorrow and have them mounted so I can add tube this weekend. I'm in hope that they didn't get to happy with the bondo in the drivers back corner of bed......guess I will find out tomorrow...... :dunno:

full length of bed......They sit right up under the cage, so notched and will sit further forward....just didn't want to scratch the paint up...

Got a tool for rivet nuts, thanks to my buddy Jamie. Got to work today. Here is a few pictures of how I went about the process. Was a little scared to drill into my fresh new paint, but it worked well. They did a great job on the body work too, the bondo was paper thin even in the back upper driver corner that I bashed pretty good in Moab. I had a couple that didn't line up exactly so I'll be doing a little tedious grinding on the steel slider base tonight. But almost there and ready for tube....