H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you do little sluice?

No, but I have. I was third in our group and by the time we got Jamie and Luke through we wanted to move on since ther were about 8 rigs waiting behind us. No question I would have made it....just would have been slow and methodical and annoyeed the hell out ofto the beater exo'd rigs behind me. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to No Roads Requird (don't fear the jeeper). Name and location changed. Its now at Fast Specialties in Vancouver, Wa. I got to run my truck on there Mustang Dyno. 170 horsepower, 218 torque to the rear wheels. Figure a 25% drop from drivetrain, and a 10% due to it being a Mustang dyno and flywheel is around.. 230hp/295t.

They had three classes. JK, cj/yj/tj/xj/mj, and other. I recieved Best of Show for the CJ/YJ/TJ/XJ/MJ class. The old MJ had a good day...and got a new sticker.

• 1 month later...

whats new on this heap....

Well, its in the middle of getting the limiting straps with adjustable mounts, led backup lights, a proper license plate mount, new mudflap mounts (tweaked on fordyce), and its also getting a new PSC power steering box that is tapped for hydro assist. Just got fresh fluids in diffs, t-case, trans, motor, and coolant. I'll post pictures soon along with a couple pictures of the new Oil cooler, dual pod guage mount on a pillar and the new autometer oil pressure and trans temp guage that was installed just prior to my trip to Rubicon/Fordyce. I have been a little lazy on the updates, but I will get back on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Like what you did on the bed inner hump if your into that jeep speed kinda way . Lol ok so how you cut the hump? Want to cut mine out and go stright and flat some for clearence and make a shelf and still maintain bed space to fit a 40" spare. But worrid on where to start cutting and not worry about going to far and lose bed side stiffness.

Like what you did on the bed inner hump if your into that jeep speed kinda way . Lol ok so how you cut the hump? Want to cut mine out and go stright and flat some for clearence and make a shelf and still maintain bed space to fit a 40" spare. But worrid on where to start cutting and not worry about going to far and lose bed side stiffness.

Just get out a cutoff wheel and go for it. The plateing rebuilds the rigidity.

Ok guys, I have been a little lazy on the postings lately. I'll have up some pictures tomorrow of the new stuff. I do not think I have shown the new guages (oil pressure and trans temp), the new oil cooler, the limiting straps front and rear, the new PSC power steering box, or the new cover for the throttle position sensor, or the new cover to keep the elements off the ARB. I guess I better get my butt in gear tomorrow and get some pics and post up the progress.

Cheers to you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR. I'll be going on a Hangover run tuesday and try and get some pics up from that as well.

Cheers, Jason

Limiting straps in, ARB compressor cover done, cover done for tps censor, new mud flap mounts, oil pressure guage, trans temp guage installed, and a couple pics of my jeeps parking stall. I also finally put on my cc sticker, figure Ill just get another when I get around to powdercoating the cage.