H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST SICK.... :drool: :drool: :clapping: I think this rig needs some attention from JP magazine. Have you ever considered a build tread on jeepforum?

I usually just keep up one thread, I do not have a lot of time and do most posts and updates through my phone. Did my WJ on a grand cherokee specific site and wanted this one on a comanche specific site.

Thanks!!....if a magazine comes a calling I'm sure I will answer ;)

Spent the day at Wes's. Buddy Luke came and helped out as well. While Wes got the cage going Luke and I shortened the rear a little for proper tuck in fenderwheels, worked on rear anti-rock, changed front coils, raised rear ride height, adjusted coil stops, trimmed front fenders some and dealt with some other odds and ends. Wes got most the cage finished and welded up and put his awesome idea of using a factory antenna mount on opposite fender for my cb worked out. Tomorrow will be little more support stuff for lower a pillars to firewall, putting cage back in and a crossbar for rear coilovers. She is almost ready to head to fordyce on the 1srt of the month.

You built the exact cage I've been thinking about, I just didn't know how to mount the front... Looks awesome jamminz.gif but know if I do the cage I feel Ill be copying your truck, lol

Copy away, I'm not the first to run them behind fenders :)

Keep in mind I landed mine to slider that is welded full length of cab into rockers AND are tied into "frame" area under cab. They are also tied into length of side of firewall as seen in picture. If your sliders are bolt on or just tied into "frame"area I don't think I would trust this design as well.

Cheers, J

I feel like a big FU is in order lol. Seriously, great work. Is the body reinforced underneath where everything is tied into?

RockMJ

F U TOO ;)

Thanks, and yes the attach points are reinforced (similair to how the front coilover hoops are (plated)).

Wish I could pick up your Mj for a dd. So clean!! GLWS!

Really loving the cage. I am actually getting a real similar one done next month. comanche.gif

Hey whats your rpm's at 60mph!!??!! 4.88's n 33's!

Crap, I never pay attention, I think like 2200? I will let you know next time I get it on the highway, might be a few days since I just realized I cracked my track bar bracket :doh: