H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new mount looks pretty pimp. I know its a little late but could you cut that front crossmember and recess the winch back? Eventually on my mine I want to chop out the crossmember, put the winch as close as comfortable to the harmonic balancer, build new crossmember/bumper around that. :dunno: someday.

new mount looks pretty pimp. I know its a little late but could you cut that front crossmember and recess the winch back? Eventually on my mine I want to chop out the crossmember, put the winch as close as comfortable to the harmonic balancer, build new crossmember/bumper around that. :dunno: someday.

I did consider that, but didnt like were i would have to mount my anti-rock if i did.. so, considering that i would only have gotten a couple extra inchs out of a lot of work.

I did consider that, but didnt like were i would have to mount my anti-rock if i did.. so, considering that i would only have gotten a couple extra inchs out of a lot of work.

Dang you.......Exxon . Just had to make me go all the way...

can't seem to get clear picture of winch to motor clearance, ill try again tomorrow with some added lights.

here is pics (thats what matters...lol) questions, just ask.

Tearing bed off tomorrow to start rear.

looks like someone took some hints from the RLC fab bumper "wild one"....... looking good :D

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789713

I remember you showing me those. I suppose it could have been in the back of my head. Was really about leaving open to reach winch lever and being similiar to rear.

I do like those bumpers uniqueness, but that pointy one has horrible tow point locations for approach.

I like first for xj/mj. Second would be cool for a new tacoma or a colorado with the sharp angles.

Nice. Now cut it in half behind the cab and start linkin' and toobin' :D

Pulled bed to start rear today. It will be complete though, will not even be using bed i bobbed. At glance it will just look like a lifted comanche. Ive decided i really want to keep this truck full bodied. To nice to truggy/chop/fiberglass/ or ruin clean original shape.