H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple teaser pictures of the cage. Got to admit I love that Wes has a plasma table. Makes brakets so easy.

Also a shot of the beadlocks.

quote]

Inspirational...

Thanks. Funny cause it seems a few on here really liked them polished. When I got them on I couldn't stand looking at it with them silver. Had to get them black immediatly. The wonders of peoples personal tastes.

A couple teaser pictures of the cage. Got to admit I love that Wes has a plasma table. Makes brakets so easy.

Also a shot of the beadlocks.

quote]

Inspirational...

Thanks. Funny cause it seems a few on here really liked them polished. When I got them on I couldn't stand looking at it with them silver. Had to get them black immediatly. The wonders of peoples personal tastes.

Yea I like the black better, but that thing could have stock steelys and still look good, I like the stance of that thing in this picture

Just wanted to let you know I've been following this MJ since the original build started and while the last owner had it and now you. It is by FAR my favorite MJ out there I absolutely love it. I love everything you've done to it and am glad to see that it's in good hands and getting used and is appreciated. I've also been following this thread for a while since my brother pointed it out to me and that's my main reason for joining. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!

Just wanted to let you know I've been following this MJ since the original build started and while the last owner had it and now you. It is by FAR my favorite MJ out there I absolutely love it. I love everything you've done to it and am glad to see that it's in good hands and getting used and is appreciated. I've also been following this thread for a while since my brother pointed it out to me and that's my main reason for joining. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like were I'm taking it.

I'll be adding some posts here shortly. Front 44 is almost ready for instal as well as new tires and wheels (Had one of the beadlocks break in half at the weld, there discontinued so I'll have to go with new wheels instead of replacing 1)

Cheers, Jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
here's a dumb question how tall is your comanche from ground to top of roof?I'm starting my mj project but i would like it to fit into my garage still.

He is right. Its not a tall rig at all. I fit easly in my "normal" single door two car garage. I'll try and take a minute and measure it tomorrow.

Been pretty busy since returning from Moab trip. I should have some updates on the MJ shortly.

Did put some fresh rubber on it. 35/12.5/15 Cooper STT's

The axle tube sleeves are in and welded up on the 44. Just about done with all the brace peices for it.

I really hope to have it in soon!

Cheers, Jason.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been busy lately so its been a slow go. The 44 is finally ready for install after sleeving the axle tubes and gusseting the C's, lower link mounts and sway bar mounts. Here is a couple pictures.

I picked up my ARB compressor yesterday as well.

New compressor, and the start of getting the 44 in.

Dana 44 ready to go in....

Dana 30 out and retired |

\/

New compressor and start of 44 going in. Pulled out adjuster on Acos to lower front about 1/2 inch. Should get the truck to a level stance finally.

how bout you fix that bowed tie rod!

its ordered....lol.

currie replacement or you doing a different setup?

Just replacing. I like the steering fine. Its really pretty stout, I bent it with full weight of truck on it facing downhill in the lower crushers (browns camp). It was sitting against my diff cover when I did it. Wheeled it and drove it since then, including Moab trip. Just figure its time to replace and keep the bent for a spare.