H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be running some worn out and hot knifed toyo's for Moab.

Did you get rid of the MTRs?

Willy

Ya...sold em last night. Wheels and tires. Looks like I might have a guy coming for 44 minus the arb. That means I'll get the other 44 I found that already has an arb and get to use the one out of the axle i'm selling for the 44 I have in the rear now.

Is my MJ 44 30spline? I'm assuming if it was not it is now with full detriot and chromos.

2low kit is in Tcase and ready for install tomorrow morning (thanks Pokey!!) I should be able to get tcase, traction bar and tires mounted on beadlocks tomorrow. Gonna be a busy day.

Ordered a skid row t case skid from Motion Offroad today to protect my new 4:1/2low 231.

Is my MJ 44 30spline? I'm assuming if it was not it is now with full detriot and chromos.

stock is 30 spline, but if he upgraded shafts and detroit, it could be 33 spline.

Hmmm, now ill have to tear it apart after Moab. Going Arb's soon.

:cheers: Cody.....I'm all pavement....and love armorall...err.whatever your version is called.

T case in, anti wrap bar in. Came across some used (40% ish tread) cooper stt's. Ill have them saturday!!

pictures tomorrow. Sleep now!

Got 3 Coopers mounted to beadlocks. 1 to go. I'm trying 350grams of air soft bb's per wheel for balancing. Ill let you guys know how it works. Should have wheels mounted by tomorrow night once I'm off work. Getting tired....off to sleep. Pictures tomorrow....

My girlfriends and her son stopped by last night. He got to help me start to finish with one of the beadlocks. So of course we signed and dated it.

He found it to be pretty cool, although I think he enjoyed playing with the air soft bb's the best.lol

SURE... Thank the guy that helped you with your t-case but no mention of thanks to the guy that did your tranny cooler and pan gasket (While Hung Over) :fs1: I guess I'll let it slide this time :cheers:

Almost forgot....Also got a transmission cooler installed.

SURE... Thank the guy that helped you with your t-case but no mention of thanks to the guy that did your tranny cooler and pan gasket (While Hung Over) :fs1: I guess I'll let it slide this time :cheers:

Almost forgot....Also got a transmission cooler installed.

THANK YOU SETH. I thought I might get $#!& for not mentioning your help.....but figured you were so drunk the night before, and I did DD for you so I had the cooler coming.. Hangover or not.....HEHE.

Pay very close attention to that Tera 4:1 kit, I have personally seen two of them fail at the planetary gears. After inspecting one first hand, I wouldn't run one if someone paid me to, especially behind a stroker. Here's the thread with the pics I took:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/teraf ... e-1163696/

Funny you say that, I had to swap the 21 spline to 23 spline as well as putting the 2low in. I was not impressed with the slop the setup has or the initial noise it makes. Hope it quites down like directions say it will. Just could not afford to do a Atlas yet and I got into this whole set up for under $1100...so still plan to eventually go Atlas. I plan to baby the rig at Moab.....lol, well as best I can.

I figure its still better than stock gears. Also the stock 231 is in the bed of the dodge already....its taking the Moab trip just in case.

Thanks for the heads up....

Cheers, Jason

is there a kit i can find for the anti wrap or is that all custom

Its a MORE offroad CJ/YJ kit. I basically just had to make the mount for the shackle end. I re-worked the muffler and pipe location and was able to squezze enough room next to front spring hanger to make it fit. If you want better pictures of the fab work at frame end I did let me know and I'll get them to you, probably not till after Moab though.

Jason

Well Jeep has been kicking my @$$. The transfer case skid was a joke. Hung down 6 inches below t-case and 4 inches below frame rails. So modded it up to within about a inch of the t-case.

Got the beadlocks all mounted up and on the truck.

Started bending tube for bed cage with help from buddy Wes. I have to work 12+ hour days till I leave now. So left it at his house to get it all finished up.

Wow I'm broke down and tired. To many cuts and a sore wrist to show for my work.

I'll try to post pics of all the progress in the next couple days.

Jason.

Oh ya. 350grams per wheel of air soft bb's worked great for balancing. Tires ride awesome. Coming to a stop you here them rolling around but thats about the only way you know there even there.

.....also there are weights on the wheel in picture.....those came off before mounting.

Well its been a bit since ive been back to check your thread had to read couple pages.Great choice on wheels those are one of the sets I was looking at when my buddy became a dealer for them.Exo cage will be great on that truck protect the pretty girl and make her even more beautiful. Will you call me so I can tell you how to do it Id hate for you to ruin the looks. :D

Great Job man have fun in Moab!

By the way I see you sold the new GY and replacing with coopers?What was the reason for that maybe you already said but I missed it if you did?