H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Aluminum exhaust shield....

thank you!

looks decent now :thumbsup:

now the aluminum shield will rot from the exhaust gasses instead of the box's inter granular structure. :yes:

can't wait to see the final product comanche.gif

Wow. A lot has changed since the last time I looked through your thread. Nice work. You will like the recessed winch setup. Worth the extra work. Also like the bed side exhaust exit.

Thanks! Yours helped motivate me to bring mine to were I wanted it to be. I may regret not going with the bed I bobbed considering how low mine is. Ill be dragging it a bit, front really needed it for approach angle. Liked your side exit, like a lot of pre runners. I see why.....there is no room for exhaust over the axle.

mud flaps :thumbsup:

Got pulled over a couple days ago for no mudflaps. I knew it was gonna happen. I work downtown by the Capital so there are state patrol all over. They always hit guys for flaps. The sheriffs and local oly cops never bother me with any rigs I've had. The WSP always pull me over.

So I bought these removable mudflap brackets. They were big enough to be used behind a dually so I took down the mounts, shortened the brackets on both ends and redrilled for pins. Then cut down some flaps that were fender shaped. This is what I came up with. There just to legal limit on length (center of axletube) Of course easy removal at the trailhead is a must with flaps.

Picked up my next project. Notice the jeep flatfender tailgate sitting on trailer ...it will get graphed in to trailer, along with tube fenders and some other cool stuff.

Cool trailer :thumbsup: Was well built back in the day, what would you think 60's

I'm sure you will do the job on it :popcorn:

50's ore 60's...I don't know the history of the trailer or much about old military trailers at all. Could not turn it down for a $100.

I also picked up a Yeti sherpa 80qt cooler for $15!!!!

Cool trailer :thumbsup: Was well built back in the day, what would you think 60's

50's ore 60's...I don't know the history of the trailer or much about old military trailers at all. Could not turn it down for a $100.

An 80 quart Yeti cooler for $15??? Lucky dog!!! :cheers:

An 80 quart Yeti cooler for $15??? Lucky dog!!! :cheers:

I KNOW!!! could not believe it when I saw the price....love random garage sale finds!

this thing lives in washington? what city? after i get my motor/tranny/axle swap and 6 inch done we should meet up i want to see this thing in person! :bowdown:

I'm in Olympia. Not to far away, we hit Evans fairly often. Pm me and we will connect sometime.